Anveo page on DSLReports

Review by Arne Bolen See Profile

• Location: Planet Earth
Good "Excellent quality, advanced features, visual Call Flows, very good support and low rates"
Bad "Can't find anything bad"
Overall "Excellence in VoIP!"

·Callcentric
UPDATE: June 23, 2014.

Both Anveo Retail and Anveo Direct are working extremely well.

I just like to point out the "Call Flow for Outbound Calls" feature in Anveo Retail, a feature many customers may be unaware of. With the "Call Flow for Outbound Calls" feature you can use your Anveo Retail account and make your outbound calls via other providers like Anveo Direct, SIPSorcery, CallWithUs, Callcentric, Alcazarnetworks, Flowroute, VoIP.ms and other providers.

The "Call Flow for Outbound Calls" feature is very useful and works like a charm.

UPDATE: Sep 08, 2013: Since my last update I mostly use Anveo Direct for my outgoing calls. The benefit of using Anveo Direct is that the audio goes directly from the carrier to my SIP device, something that improves the already excellent audio quality. The latency is of course lower with Direct Media. Other benefits of using Anveo Direct for outgoing calls are extremely low rates and the ability of being able to decide which carrier I wish to use.

In addition to outgoing calls I also use Anveo Direct for incoming calls on certain DIDs with one Zone Worldwide channel. It's certainly worth the monthly $17.00 to have my own channel with unlimited number of incoming minutes.

I'm extremely happy with Anveo and I can warmly recommend them.

UPDATE: Sep 24, 2012: It's almost 2 years since I became a customer of Anveo.

During this time I have made many feature requests and most of them have been implemented within 1-2 weeks. That's very impressive! Anveo really listen to their customers.

The audio quality of calls is the best I ever experienced. And I love the many useful features. With the Call Flow system I can design my voip service the way I prefer it.

IMHO Anveo is one of the best providers on the market and I highly recommend their services to anyone looking for a voip provider.

UPDATE: Apr 7, 2011: I have noticed Anveo support has a very fast response time. Every time I post a support request my request is completed/answered within 3-5 minutes. I can't recall I ever have experienced such quick response from any other service provider.

Anveo is not just an ordinary voip provider. It's a combination of a feature rich voip provider and feature rich hosted PBX with a low price tag.

A very nice feature is the visual call flow. Instead of filling in a lot of fields you just drag-and-drop the call controls you want to use. The graphical visual call flow makes it extremely easy to configure your Anveo account.

I simple love this graphical visual call flow, it's a lot more easier to configure the account compared to the traditional "fill in a lot of fields" way of configuring.

Anveo has many useful advanced features, more features than most other providers of voip and hosted PBX.

It seems Anveo has its data center somewhere in east USA, I am not sure where. However despite this the sound quality on calls from European callers is very good, a lot better than I expected. It seems only G711 is used for audio.

The problem being located in Europe is that the audio stream on calls from European callers goes from Europe to USA and back to Europe. But with Anveo the latency is not noticeable, I am not sure how this is possible. Maybe it is because Anveo is using the high quality carrier Voxbone for European DIDs and Voxbone may route the audio stream directly to my European hosted PBX.

I am still testing Anveo but so far I am very satisfied with Anveo. For SOHO Anveo is an excellent choice.

member for 5.1 years, 2475 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

mdshs

@bell.ca

Right!

Obviously you have some kind of affiliation with Anveo, since no customer is that knowledgeable about another company. Any time someone posts on the forum for help you seem to have the answer complete with screen shots. I also don't buy your "best audio quality" you've ever heard deal. I found zero quality difference between them and voip.ms or callcentric, or even analog lines. Certainly not enough to boast that it's much better.
Blue Square

join:2012-09-25
Lutherville Timonium, MD
·Anveo

1 recommendation

Re: Right!

Well, if you looked to the right, you can see the other reviews he's written. He seems knowledgeable about those other services as well. So is he affiliated with Anveo's competition at the same time? That sounds absurd, right? I happen to be very knowledgeable about Anveo myself, after calling their courteous sales team excessively, and asking for info.

I get the same bad review wording on occasion from a small few of my customers. A have had written that "...all the many 5-stars ratings for my service must be written by their own team." Th =e truth is, Apple doesn't allow app developers to rate their own apps, and further, I AM the whole team...just me! Now I have a couple reviews that are wrong, not totally truthful, hurtful and have a direct impact on my sales...therefore I am sensitive to statements. Just sayin'.....

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
join:2009-06-21
Planet Earth
said by mdshs :

A few years ago some readers on the forum thought I was working in the support department of VoIP.ms.
My VoIP News

VexorgTR

join:2012-08-27
Sheffield Lake, OH

Come on.......

Every one of your last 4 reviews is 100% perfection for ALL categories.

I find this hard to believe the reviews. Nothing's perfect.
Blue Square

join:2012-09-25
Lutherville Timonium, MD
·Anveo

Re: Come on.......

I get A LOT of 5-star ratings for my service and people say the same thing. They think I'm writing my own reviews or something, but I can't even write a review for my own service!... and let alone over 120 of them. Don't be so quick to think "fake or scam". Some services just really are that good.

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
join:2009-06-21
Planet Earth

2 recommendations

said by VexorgTR:

Nothing's perfect.

Like you pretending to be a customer of your own company.
My VoIP News