WIND Mobile page on DSLReports

Review by ctylor See Profile

• Location: Nelson,BC
Good "WIND Home Prices"
Bad "WIND AWAY Prices, Reception, Long-distance charges"
Overall "It's Crud both in the city and outside the city"

·TELUS
I first started on Wind mobile because I really just needed something basic where you could make and receive calls, text and receive voice mail...which I do not think is by any means, unreasonable.

Sure there are some good deals they advertise but it only seems to apply if you stay in very limited areas of BC. And by that, I mean you better be making that call under the stupid tower that Wind operates from.

I actually spent the most part of my first year standing outside my apartment door....IN THE MIDDLE OF VANCOUVER and not be able to make and receive calls on the Wind zone. Either it would go straight to no network or it would go to Wind away zone and charge me extra rates... do you hear about on TV how there are miraculous rescues of people buried under rumble but they somehow survive by being able able to still call out...if you can't even call the person on the other side of that door on a Wind network, people, if you are that person stuck under that rubble with a Wind mobile, you are not going to survive for very long.

Be careful of their disgusting customer service. In the end I left Wind Mobile due to incompetency of the customer service staff to efficiently or effectively help me to figure out why my voicemail was no longer was allowing me to receive my voice messages. I called, not once, not twice but FOUR times to customer service in WIND away mode to try and get help. No one could help nor did anybody else followup to see if I had managed to get it working.

In the end when I decided to just ask to speak to the complaints department, I got an email that sounded more like a joke email...so should I be really surprised that my email came back to me telling me no such email existed?

Or that when I finally spoke to a manager, he hung up on me?

People do not join Wind Mobile!!! There are better mobile plans out there!!! I rejoined a Big 3 cell company after this and its working out great so far!!!

Comments: