ThrustVPS page on DSLReports

Review by dfrandin See Profile

• Location: Las Vegas,Clark,NV
Good "Best Value for a webhost/vps IMO"
Bad "Haven't found anything yet.."
Overall "Cannot BEAT it for the price.."
Setup experience:

·Virpus.com
About a year ago, I moved several webservers I manage for a couple of clubs/businesses to ThrustVPS. I had been paying nearly $30/mo per node elsewhere, and a fairly exhaustive search online showed that most vps vendors were at or around that price point for a 512mb/OpenVZ virtual server "slice".. ThrustVPS apparently is a british company but offers Xen and OpenVZ-based vps at datacenters in Los Angeles, Dallas, New Jersey and the UK. They also offer a Xen-based Windows 2008 512mb slice for $8/mo. I tried one for a month, but 512mb on Windows is pretty much a joke. They offer mostly CentOS and Debian/Ubuntu distros for the Xen and OpenVZ slices. There are no contracts/ its month-to-month, and you can prepay for up to a year, with I believe a 10% discount. Ubuntu 10.04 server runs swimmingly on a 512mb slice, and for that, you pay a whopping $5.95/mo... I have no financial ties to them, but for the price they cannot be beat in my opinion. Diskspace for a 512mb slice is 15GB, and monthly network allowance is 500GB. The few times I've needed to contact their support, such as to get a non-default-enabled tun network link enabled for OpenVPN, it was done within a hour.

Comments: