| Review by WiFi |
member for 11 years, 259 visits, last login: 6 days ago
updated 41 days ago
- $9 per month
- about 55 days
- "Poor customer and tech support, no redundancy (1 transit provider - Cogent, no power or data backup)"
- "Mediocre value, inexpensive at the cost of service outages"
|Pre Sales information:|
Value for money:
**VOIP services ONLY.
I purchased a refurbished Cisco PAP2 adapter for $60 plus $100 administration and number port fees.
The service was on out of the box but there were no instructions to customize the features as I had been told existed. There was no documentation on the website so I had to call to ask what to do. After 10min of messing around and generating a master password, which I thought would have already been done, they emailed the instructions.
Logging in I noticed it was not my phone number. I called and was told they had programmed somebody else's phone number into my ATA. No kidding... I received two calls for someone I had never heard of and they insisted they were calling a totally different number. IT was fixed, new passwords generated and I had to start over and set everything up again including voicemail. (So did the other customer because their account had to be reset.)
The next day I found out that CID blocking does not work. They tested with their own adapter and called to say it should work. I was told to return the ATA for testing, I made yet another trip and sure enough it didn't work. They didn't know what was wrong and could not offer an immediate solution. I left and called back a day later because it still was not working. They said I need to bring the adapter back and they will give me another one. Another 25km trip to pickup a replacement.
IT worked but now the new ATA had a long delay of almost 25 seconds before any number called would start to ring. I called back and they realized that the unit had not been fully programmed. They would not give me the password to access the programming and walk me through fixing the known issue and said if I wanted it fixed to bring it back. It was just before Christmas, I was busy and therefore had to wait two weeks which also cost me another 50km round trip. It was reprogrammed and it's now working as it should. (I asked if they test before sending equipment out and I received no answer. Hello??)
Four trips (about 200km total), a few phone calls and emails, two major system outages all in two months.
Days from order to DELIVERY was 7 days. Days from order to consistent working service - 55 days and even then there are regular system outages.
UPDATE: There have been numerous system failures in the past year. In each case I find out from Alan (the owner) tht he does testing the live system during the day and if he makes a mistake, everything including all of the Internet customers lose service. (Live system testing during the day? What happened to standard maintenance and testing during non-peak hours?)
Feb/13, the company moved out of Niagara Falls and went to Burlington. They took the system down to switch over and left all customers without service for four days. (Technically it was one day, however, there were three days of terrible call quality and I know some Internet customers that said dial-up would have been faster.) I tried calling and emailing - they host everything themselves including their own email and phone so even they could not answer their own phones or send email. All my email was bounced back - host not found.
The worst of it is their failure to communicate with the customer base. They never inform the customers when there might be a maintenance window.
The company has no redundancy - no fail over power, transit provider or even a backup system for their own phones and email. Pathetic service.
I was thinking of having them host a website but I found out that they don't have any data backup system. They don't even backup email. No thanks!