AT&T Southwest page on DSLReports

Review by Jimdaboe See Profile

• Location: Corpus Christi,Nueces,TX
  • Telco party Southwestern Bell
Good "Solid connections even in stormy weather"
Bad "1st tier Tech help is a joke!"
Overall "If you live within 12,000 Ft. of C.O. you will like it."

It took a while to work all the quirks out of my self install. The SBC tecs that monitor Broadband Reports web site are GREAT & helped me find the problems on my end (internal wireing & RF interference). Your best bet is to skip the self install and pay a few bucks to get a solid connection from the start!. I'm over 13,180 ft.. from C.O. 1,290 kbps download 230 kbps upload. The S S 5100 modem They gave me with my new one year contract has been great.

3/25/06 Five years now with SBC Southwestern Bell and I can't complain. I only wish I was a little closer so I could go above the 1.5 meg speed.

2/6/07: Going on year # 7 now. Installing homerun and splitter in NID makes a considerable difference in stability. My main dislike is that every year when my contract is up and without warning they jump my bill to $39.00 a month. I even called a month before contract was up and got rerated but they failed to pass on to billing dept. Always takes a second call to get anything done. I am smack dab in the middle of the city and still no CO or RT within 12,00 ft. Over all $19.95 for 1.5 meg is the best deal. Got a 2wire wireless router/modem from ebay and the connection stays rock solid.

12/11/09 Upgraded to Pro but capped at 1,500 mbps, only 300mbps over elite. I live right smack in the middle of the city and can't get above 1.5 Mbps.

4/29/2011 Last 6 months have been terrable in the enenings. Can't even view a standard definition video without spending more time buffering than viewing. AT&T isn't even trying to correct it. They know there is a problem but won't spend the $$$ to fix.

Comments: