Boost Mobile page on DSLReports

Review by Max Greene See Profile

• Location: Bayonne,Hudson,NJ
Good "Not much at all"
Bad "Terrible reception, 3g is sub 2g speeds, customer service is terrible"
Overall "Dont waste your time in the NYMA"

The bad just about sums up my 6 months with Boost Mobile, the phone reception is terrible, it would take 20-30 seconds when making a call before connecting, dropped calls in such remote places like Jersey City and Lower Manhattan. The 3g speeds were absolutely terrible and I mean slower than 2g speeds at best. i didnt save the speed tests to show it but I was shocked.

What good is unlimited service if its unusable and the 3g is completely unusable. If you are in the New York Metro Area this is not a good choice.

Comments:

chrisf8657

join:2002-01-27
Glendale, AZ

No surprise

No surprise at all what your experiencing.
Boost uses the Sprint network and the entire network nationwide is completely overwhelmed. Posts from Boost, Virgin and Sprint postpaid customers (here and in various forums across the Internet) are all the same everywhere in the US - horrible to less than dialup data speeds.

Sprint also has the smallest network of the Big 3, and relies on ALOT of Roaming with Verizon to fill in coverage.
~~Chris~~

Need a pro computer tech? See my profile for my website - I offer remote support services!
Max Greene

join:2000-12-22
Bayonne, NJ

Re: No surprise

funny you mention roaming with/onto VZW, I was upstate NY with Boost and in a complete dead zone for Boost but my friends VZW worked fine, so I guess "peering" agreements are dependent on the area.