McDonald County Telephone Company page on DSLReports

Review by zeddlar See Profile

• Location: Anderson,Mcdonald,MO
Good "Stable at all hours, totally unlimited, rural access, No contract."
Bad "Not as fast as it could be although I do get the speeds promised me."
Overall "It's not cable and as such the top tier speeds are just 3 Mb/s down and 1 Mb/s up but I live in the sticks and still get DSL."

·exede by ViaSat
Alot of southwest Missouri is seeing telco companies putting together bundles of phone TV and internet services and offer them to as many of their customers as possible, both in town and out. Much of rural southwest Missouri is now 100% covered with DSL services. This company is no exception and although they don't offer cable speeds. what they do offer is very stable both in being trouble free and in speeds. My package is 3 Mb/s down and 1 Mb/s up and I have never tested outside of 2.75 to 2.77 Mb/s down and 1.12 to 1.15 Mb/s up. Thier cable service still has some issues of freezing for a feww seconds at a time during very hard rain but beyond that it is fantastic.The service is great, we have called them twice, once for a modem issue and had a tech delivering a new modem there that same day and the secong time was a DVR issue and again the tech showed up with a new DVR that same day. This is a far cry above and beyond any expectations I had coming from using satellite or dial-up always before since the time I learned there was an internet. oh and this connection is totally limit and contract free as well.

member for 7.7 years, 1196 visits, last login: 1.3 years ago