Bell Sympatico page on DSLReports

Review by corster See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "It works. Sometimes."
Bad "Where do I start?"
Overall "Want DSL? Go TekSavvy."

Update- Been having some major latency issues since November, 2010 and slow speeds during peak times. No doubt it points to Bell not upgrading capacity in Ottawa. Just another reason to go somewhere else.

Oh boy, where do I start.

Speed is consistent but the service just feels slow.
Bell DNS is horrible, I use OpenDNS and it always gives my connection a speed boost.
I'm convinced the Bell Usage Monitor generously overestimates my Internet usage, if that's not a scam then I don't know what is.

Had a bit of an adventure a couple weeks ago when I lost sync. Called what turned out to be India who took me on a wild goose chase and would not concede the line card was removed.

I'm still on the 60GB cap package + 40GB extra usage, but wth the incredibly low caps on the current packages, I can't recommend Bell to anyone - go with TekSavvy for the higher caps, rogers for the higher speeds, or if your in an area lucky enough to have it, TekSavvy Cable for the best of both.

I myself will be switching to TekSavvy Cable as soon as it comes to Ottawa. Don't think i'm still with Bell because I want to be.

member for 12.4 years, 5288 visits, last login: a few hours ago