Bell Sympatico page on DSLReports

Review by smallj53 See Profile

• Location: Niagara Falls,ON
Good "They are the DSL people in Canada"
Bad "Clueless, the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing"
Overall "Avoid unless you need your dsl line fixed"

·ELECTRONICBOX
I knew my line was a mess so rather than going with Teksavvy I went with Bell to get it fixed. I got it fixed but only after spending hours on the phone and threatening to terminate service. Only then did they dig up the line and replace it.

Now there are only occasional bursts of line noise that make my Speedtouch 780wl reboot and I have been taken off interleaving and put on fast line again. Bell's own 2wire modem actually does better at coping with this line than either of the modems I have tried besides the Speedtouch. At least it doesn't reboot. A TP-Link 8816 is ok but not great. It seems that the 2wire does better because it syncs lower than the other modems.

I will say that everyone I dealt with at Bell was trained to be polite. It was hit and miss whether you got someone who really was knowledgeable enough to help though. The trick was to get the people you dealt with to get off their scripts and escalate the problem. Keep doing it until you get what you need because aside from the notes they would put on the file, no one would coordinate anything and every time you called you were starting over again. I can't count the number of times my call was dropped transferring from one tech to another for example.

So would I go with Bell again? Sure. If you want your line fixed, you have to do this. Will I stay with them? Not in your life!

member for 11.6 years, 1059 visits, last login: 1 year ago

Comments:

Farmer Chuck

@bell.ca

I test all types of modems

I've tested just about every modem ever made. Without shelling out thousands of dollars for cisco brand modems this is my modem of choice for dsl. You want to be the big man there it is?

Motorola ADSL2+ 11G Wireless Gateway 400MW 4PORT Managed Switch