| Review by maats |
member for 7.2 years, 13 visits, last login: 153 days ago
updated 161 days ago
- $49 per month
- about 7 days
- Bell Canada
- "Solid connection, Reliable, Short wait time to contact someone"
- "Installation, Tech knowledge, Price, Promises not kept from Sales Reps"
- "Dependable once your up and running"
|Pre Sales information:|
Value for money:
(ratings above consensus)
I had Bell Fibe 5/1 service. I ordered the service for 2 Aug 12. I was given a 6 hour window for installation. About 1100 hrs I noticed the Bell truck down the street and went to talk to the guy to see when he was coming to install my internet. He said I wasnt on the list and he was the only one working in the area that day. I said I had a fast dial tone on my line and he said you are probably already connected and gave me a 2 Wire modem and said to call Bell and get connected. I called Bell and told them the story and to make a long story short, I was up and running about 6 hours later. I was pissed about being told I had an appointment and the reality was that there never was an appointment. After that the internet worked flawlessly and I was getting 6/1 service.
4 Dec 12. I spoke with a rep online and asked if I qualify for the 15/10 service. He said that I did. I asked if I would get better than the 1 Mb upload I am current getting. He told me that my line would get close to the 10 Mb upload. I asked to be upgraded to the new service. I was on a promotion for 50% off with the other service until end of Jan 13. He told me that it would nullify that promotion and I would pay $49/Month in a Bell bundle. I figures the 10 Mb upload would be worth it. This is the series of events that followed.
5 Dec. Bell requests 6 hour installation window. Bell techs install new Sagecom Modem and leave. Download 10 Mb Upload 800 Kbps down. I call tech support and they said they need to send another tech out to my house. Need a 6 hour appointment window.
7 Dec. Bell sends out a technician and says the best my line will do in 11 / 1. I tell him I was promised by online reps after multiple tests that I would get at least 15/7. He says that its impossible.
8 Dec. A tech said he was working in he local area and ask if I would mind if he looked into my trouble tickets. He switched me from a ADSL to VDSL profile. Resulting in 7/.7 speed. He seemed very knowledgeable and helpful and then after working on it for 3 hours, he stopped all communication. the next day I called tech support to see what was going on. I was told that they couldnt see my modem and didnt know why I was connected. I told them about the speed I was getting and they said they would dispatch a tech the next day and needed another 6 hour window. They asked if I had a POTS splitter installed and I said no. They told me I needed one to get the advertised speeds. So once again I gave a 6 hr window. In the mean time I took the modem and connected it directly to the demarcation point and i got 15/1 service. I left the phone disconnected and only attached the modem to the jack. Solid 15/1 service. I called back tech support and told them I definitely needed the POTS spitter.
10 Dec. A tech showed up and installed the POTS spitter and everything was working. Telephones and Internet. 15/1 service. I called tech support and asked to have my upload speed increased to 10 Mb. They told my the best I could do was 1 Mb upload. I told them I was promised higher speed. They said they couldnt do anything. I had enough of dealing with Bell. I hung up the phone and took a shower. I came back the computer and ran a speedtest and now was getting 1Mg down and .1 Mg Upload. I called tech support and told them my speed has decreased. They said they would have to send another tech the following day with another 6 hr window. I was furious, but what can you do.
11 Dec. I received a phone msg saying the internet was fixed now and everything should be back to normal. I did a speed test and it was 1/.1. I called tech support and told them that I was back on the ADSL profile and that I should be on VDSL and have higher speeds. They told me that I should be on the ADSL profile and that they couldnt do anything about it. I asked them to change the setting to see if it made a difference. They complied and said they made the change. I didnt see the modem reset and asked if they reset it. They didnt understand why it didnt reset. The tech told me the name of my modem. I told them my modem is called something different. Turns out my connection was on the wrong port and they didnt know what port it was on and couldnt make any changes. Seriously, what do you do at this point. Guess what, another tech needs to be dispatched and another 6 hour window. I asked what kind of company calls a customer and leaves a msg saying everything is working and doesnt follow up to ensure the service. Poor communication.
12 Dec. I didnt bother to stay home because I knew that that issue was at the CO. When I got home, the Bell tech called to ensure that it was working. Speed is now a solid 15/1 service. I am so pissed off with this fiasco, I am considering cancelling my subscription and going with someone else. I will provide an update if I remain with this company at a later date.