Bell Sympatico page on DSLReports

Review by HackneyB See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Reliable service for the last 10 years"
Bad "avg. 5-10 phone calls to get any service changes right. Pricing not competitive."
Overall "Stable service but constant struggle to keep price low and changes done right."

Customer since late 90s. Never had stability problems with the service. $110 monthly cost includes two services - Internet and phone.

Pricing not competitive if you're in for the long haul - one deal lasting 12 months does not really count when you revert to fairly high pricing model after that. No such thing as being rewarded for loyalty. I'd have to call every year to reluctantly get offered $5 off for a year.

Customer service and tech support was always polite but impossibly ineffective. Any changes equal days or weeks of follow up calls. Waiting for the billing to reflect changes. Waiting for unforseen scheduling for service changes. Getting told that the team you just spent 40 minutes waiting for, does not do what you need done. In total, every query or service change may translate into several phone calls and add up to hours spent on the phone.

Recent highlight - when unable to confirm some information or task, some Bell reps actually say they will call back and follow up on the promise which is a welcome contrast to most customer service organizations.

Comments:
TomsReports

join:2012-01-22
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Fibe

Loyalty

"No such thing as being rewarded for loyalty."

You are correct. In my experience, and the experience of my friends, quite the opposite is true: you must switch regularly to get decent rates. If you are only getting $5 off /month then you need to switch.

"I'd have to call every year to reluctantly get offered $5 off for a year."

I've asked people in retentions why they put me through this dance every year. I was told that this is just the system and that in the future I should just jump straight to retentions and not waste my time with the front line people who can't dole out the 'real' deals.

The whole system seems very wasteful to me, not to mention that I feel bad for elder, and less aggressive people who pay so much more then the rest of us. I wish they would just publish one set of (competitive) rates and be done with it.