Bell Sympatico page on DSLReports

Review by virago83 See Profile

• Location: Osgoode,ON
Good "Always works!"
Bad "Cost of service, shadey sales practices"
Overall "Costs more than it should but it works all the time"

Will start by saying that I have been a Bell customer for many years. In more recent years was using Bell Sympatico's "Performance Plan" which basically gave me 25G of download per month and although I can't recall the download speed, was acceptable for my use. Then around Sept. 2011 while browsing Bell website I noted that the "performance" plan I was on, no longer existed and Bell was now pushing their various flavors of "Fibe". I contacted Bell and asked to be switched to the Fibe 15/10 Plan which now gives me 80G of download and faster speeds for about same price. A Bell Tech showed up within next few days and set up my new modem, no hassles. I'm getting close to the advertised download speeds which is double what I previously had so no complaints.

What burns me about Bell is that their services, whether its POTS, Internet or Television, is its too expensive. When I call to speak to representative, it's impossible to get anyone who speaks real "Canadian" English. You have to keep on top of your monthly bills because Bell will screw you every which way they can. I've been thinking seriously about switching to another company for phone/internet, ex. Distributel, Techsavvy, etc. to save money but I read as many negative reviews as positive ones. This worries me to no end because as much as I hate Bell's monopoly and costs, I do have to say that their services do work as advertised! My television service is always there, my phone line has NEVER encountered problems and my internet has never crashed or slowed to an unacceptable level. Guess its the old saying: "You get what you pay for"

Comments: