Adelphia HSI page on DSLReports
Closed to new reviews.

Review by Dominokat See Profile

• Location: Boothbay Harbor,Lincoln,ME
  • Install: about -1 days
Good "Great Speeds and Customer Service"
Bad "Adelphia is no more"
Overall "Go For it!"

I've had this service for a few weeks. It is always there and reliable, compared to what I had with Direcway--- weather outages. Speeds are 2-3 times that of Direcway for downloads, and 5 times that for uploads. I never expected any kind of broadband on my road, but Adelphia provided! THANKS!

Adelphia:
2675 / 231
Your download speed : 2740056 bps, or 2675 kbps.
A 334.4 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 237022 bps, or 231 kbps.

Direcway:
888 / 66
Your download speed : 909339 bps, or 888 kbps.
A 111 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 67727 bps, or 66 kbps.

**********************************************************************
Update March 12, 2005

I am still VERY pleased with the service from Adelphia. Service has been stable, with very few momentary outages. Any troubles I've had, Adelphia tech has been prompt to come repair things.
The only problem I have is with the PRICE of the TV packages. Once the promo pricing ended, my bill doubled and I was ready to cancel some packages. But a phone call to Customer Service managed to get a better price.... for now.
Adelphia has recently upgraded speeds on the internet, which is nice.

2005-03-12 09:16:15 EST: 5047 / 428
Your download speed : 5168396 bps, or 5047 kbps.
A 630.9 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 438276 bps, or 428 kbps.

*******************Update December 2005

I am still happy with Adelphia. There is a glitch from time to time but it normally won't last long. Glitches can come from any ISP but I am just happy to have Adelphia and have someone that really cares about the customer when I call. I

********************Update May 2006

Guess what? I am still happy with the service from Adelphia. My cable modem has been great, and my TV has been great too. HOWEVER!!!! With the TV. I had problems with bad and blurry analog channels with the Motorola set top box. But after getting information from the Adelphia forum here, I found that if I get my hands on the Phase III set top box, my problems would go away.
I managed to get one (the last one) at my local office. And my TV has never looked better.
If any of your complaints are from TV. And you use a Motorola box, please get a new one. Trust me; you will be a lot happier!

---------------------------------
Adelphia is no more

Time Warner took over my area.
It was not a smooth transition. My speeds dropped horribly in the evening. Thankfully a dedicated tech helped to track the problem and helped to get things right. Now my speeds are rock steady no matter the time of day. Just as it was with Adelphia.
At first I thought it was going to suck being moved to Time Warner. But now the bugs are out of the system and I am allot happier.
On a personal note: I wish Adelphia came out of this and remained in tact. They did a heck of a job since the scandal. Tech and customer support where phenomenal. I haven’t had much contact with either since the transition but I am hopeful it will be as top notch as Adelphia’s team where.

member for 12.3 years, 6358 visits, last login: 158 days ago