MegaPath page on DSLReports

Review by TBBroadband See Profile

• Location: Toledo,Lucas,OH
  • Telco party Ameritech
Good "Company responds when filling out survey"
Bad "Company does NOT communicate nor care."
Overall "look else where."

I WAS a MegaPath Partner. I ordered a T1 for personal/business use in my home as the local cable company did not offer business services/static IPs to anyone wishing to install in a residence/residential address (this includes apartment complex offices as well).

So I went and ordered the service with my Account Team and everything was on the roll. Little did I find out prior to ordering. MegaPath actually contracts and RESELLS services from CenturyLink and a company called Global Capacity (a telcom broker). Communication stopped there. NOBODY knew anything at any time. I had one install date issued by MegaPath that was totally wrong and if it wasn't for AT&T calling to confirm an install date I would have never known.

It took countless calls to MP to get that figured out and still to this date they never realized they were wrong. It was all AT&T's fault.

When installed, the router was shipped NON-PROGRAMMED and they wanted to dispatch AT&T to come out AGAIN to program the router MP sent- 2 weeks later. Or ship a new router out and hope it was configured. I managed to get someone to do it by remote.

Tech support is HORRIBLE. They're rude, hang up on you, and put hostile comments about you in their notes- which are available ONLINE for YOU to see in your account. Management does NOT care. I ordered more IPs for my network as I was using static for everything, they informed me I would have to reprogram EVERYTHING on my network and wait up 72hours before anyone would configure the router, I had to email others to get this done ahead of time.

Bottom line is; still 60 days later, and no commission check either for this line that I should have received by now. Also going to Qwest/CentLink and purchasing directly through them, as MP has my T1 connected to LA instead of Chicago. My ping times are 90+ on average and even YouTube is unusable at times, even on a T1.

Comments: