MegaPath page on DSLReports

Review by BwayRodder See Profile

• Telco party Verizon
Good "As Speakeasy, never a connectivity issue thru weather or human events."
Bad "Since full absorption to MegaPath, reps are rude, incompetent and unwilling to help."
Overall "Never again. Not looking back."

Since the full absorption of Speakeasy into MegaPath, reliability and customer service have hit an all time low. This week alone I've had more downtime in 9 days, than in the previous 12 years. I own multiple bridges I've tried to restore service with, that have been confirmed working on other circuits. Tier 1 techs insists a field tech HAS to come out (at $150 initial fee), even after MP and Verizon both have confirm my line and sync are good. Most likely the failure is at the DSLAM, but MP refuses to contact Verizon regarding this.

All around, I've contracted with a new provider as of today. A truly wonderful company (Speakeasy) has been completely destroyed by MegaPath. I won't be returning anytime soon.

*UPDATE* MegaPath service is still insisting on a service call during *proper* access hours M-F 9am-1pm or 12pm-4pm. Yet no proper action has occurred on their part with Verizon to diagnose the central office issues. Utterly mind boggling. I cannot wait until my new circuit is online the end of the week!

Comments:
ZoeF

join:2013-08-02
Seattle, WA

MegaPath!

I agree fully with the previous comment. In addition to all that this person said, MegaPath stole $509 out of my checking account and will not cooperate with me or the Washington State Attorney General's office who represented my complaint to them.

When the merger was complete we were given new account #s. I had been a Speakeasy customer for YEARS! And, had nothing but wonderful service from them. MegaPath failed to close my old account, creating a "ghost account" that accrued an unpaid balance. I pay my bills electronically (I have learned that I must do this now through my credit union, and not let companies take $$ out directly) and my real balance was zero. For some reason the "ghost account" went into my checking account and took the $509 it thought I owed them.

I have tried many, many times to get my $$ refunded. They ignore me, won't return calls, ignore emails, or give me some song and dance about "we will get back to you soon". My frustration is over the moon. I will next take them to small claims court. WHAT I WANT TO DO IS WRECK THEIR REPUTATION ALL OVER THE INTERNET. Shame on them. But! This is definitely a David and Goliath situation - what power do I really have?
TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
·MegaPath

Re: MegaPath!

MegaPath has no real "reputation" as they once did. They have nothing to destroy. Google their CEO/President and you can call their office and actually get someone higher than a call center. Weather you get someone that is willing to work with you is another thing. But you should try being a partner of their's and really get treated like crap.

MegaPathHelp

@cox.net

-1 recommendation

Re: MegaPath!

We are truly sorry to hear about your frustrating experience. Please email us at connectme@megapath.com with your account information and a few more details and we will follow up with you.
BigVe

join:2005-07-15
Gulliver, MI

1 recommendation

Re: MegaPath!

Anonymous user at cox.net.I would not give you anything the way i see it
BwayRodder

join:2013-07-31

Re: MegaPath!

Not only did I not receive a response, my original Trouble Ticket was CLOSED last night with no resolution whatsoever! I STILL have a dead circuit!!!!
TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

that is what they do.
BwayRodder

join:2013-07-31
·MegaPath

Re: MegaPath!

Clearly.. Ordered a new circuit with a different vendor. Turns out that the new vendor is reselling with MegaPath facilities. Result: New circuit is not working properly yet either. Different physical pair. Different physical site wiring. Only thing in common is the same DSLAM in the same CO.

The new vendor is now telling me 'we're' possibly going to have to dispatch a tech. I'm about to relent and dump all of it. At least cable in my town is reliable.