Verizon Online DSL page on DSLReports

Review by brawney See Profile

• Location: Walkersville,Frederick,MD
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "Reliable service"
Bad "Poor billing practices"
Overall "If you can deal with them cramming charges on your bill, then consider VZ DSL."

Nov 2004 I upgraded from 1.5mb to 3mb DSL, switching from a local DSL vendor to Verizon.

Update: March 31, 2009 - I called Verizon yesterday to ask about 7mb DSL. It is available in my area and they said they'd give it to me for no extra cost. I said go for it.

Update: September 2009 - turned out the 7mb DSL was not the same price and when I called back they refused to give me what they originally offered me. Since April I have had to call back to get several products removed that were "crammed" on my bill. They kept putting things on my bill that I did not ask for. I guess all those Comcast flyers in the mail finally got me to think about them. On Sept 19th I switch my voice and internet over to Comcast. Good Bye Verizon. One less voice AND DSL customer on their books. I guess VZ was hurting for cash and figured they can throw some charges on people's bills and they won't notice it. I guess this makes VZ a couple extra million bucks a month. Well not this customer. I'm done with VZ.

member for 12.8 years, 3722 visits, last login: a few minutes ago