Verizon Online DSL page on DSLReports

Review by Subaru See Profile

• Location: Greenwich,Fairfield,CT
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "When it worked it was good and newsgroups were decent."
Bad "Ramdom disconnects and speed issues"
Overall "If you want to deal with some issues go ahead"

I ment to put this review up right after I made a year with the DSL service to see how it would really be but I got a little side tracked, well a year has passed and I can say that I had mixed reviews about the service.. Ordering the dry loop DSL was no issue at all, however my connection and trying to stay connected was the issue. One of the biggest issues I would have is my DSL losing sync almost whenever it felt like so I had a tech swing by which was also a hassle (took 2 days of calls to work telling them I can't make it in today)) the techs never came to the house on the days I said and on the last day they finally did show up and said that my wire for my DSL service was looping in all the apartment box panels and that might of been why I had disconnects.

The service level I ordered was the 3MBps service however realworld I only got about

1.5Mbps because of the line and I was told I was near the very last of the loop. After having the tech come out twice I figured this is the best I will have but the final straw was when the connection issues would happen again instead of dropping my sync it would disconnect once then reconnect at a lower rate in which I could not get anything higher then 20kb/sec and it would disconnect again at random times and sometimes I'd get my normal speed back.

I got fed up with it and went back to Optimum Online for now until Fios can deside when they will do apartment installs.

No longer have this service

member for 13.4 years, 6966 visits, last login: a few hours ago