Verizon Online DSL page on DSLReports

Review by Ryno See Profile

• Location: Danielsville,Northampton,PA
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "reliable"
Bad "slow in todays world"
Overall "Dropped Verizon DSL to go with RCN Cable"

·RCN CABLE
Verizon DSL just wasn't getting it done any more. Connecting at 2.8 MB in today's world doesn't cut it. There are too many toys connected at once.

I switched to RCN once they finally upgraded my lines after living here 15 years. Took them long enough. I got the 25/2 plan and so far it has not tested out less than 26/2.4 for me. Was down for a couple hours one day but they tell me they were still upgrading some of the system and that it was scheduled.

The price is supposed to be $39.99 mo but I got my ow modem so it's $5 less... Same as Verizon was charging me. I know in year 2 and 3 it goes up $5 per month more but it's worth it to get speeds that are 9 times faster in the real world. Also if I want to I could upgrade to 50 MB or75 MB. I figure I have no need for that now since this seems blazing fast compared to DSL.

I can now watch HD videos, use my slingbox HD, and not wait forever to download stuff. Overall, I can't complain as of now. Hopefully they continue to be reliable in the future.

member for 13.3 years, 4756 visits, last login: a few hours ago