Verizon Online DSL page on DSLReports

Review by odddon See Profile

• Location: Ridgecrest,Kern,CA
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "Reliable. Pretty much always there for the last 4 years."
Bad "Tech support (heh)."
Overall "If you know who to contact, you can get issues taken care of."

When I got married I moved into my wife's house, and she had already been with Verizon for 4 years, so I can't review ordering or installation (ex-husband did that). We're bundled with land-line w/long distance included, DirecTV Choice Extra package, and 1.5 - 3.0 DSL, paying around $120 per month total.

After a while I realized we were barely getting 1.5 if we were lucky. I was then introduced to Verizon Tech Support Hell. If you know anything about using a search engine, and how to read, you could get a job with Support. The best help they could give me was that 1.0 - 1.2 was "pretty good" speeds for the 1.5 - 3.0 package. Huh?

My modem stats showed I could hold 3.0, but they wouldn't give it to me. Until I found out how to bypass Support. With help from dslreports.com posters, and some deep searching through the archives, I contacted Executive Appeals, and they got me my up-to 3.0 (2.7 - 2.8 STEADILY).

Considering my distance to the CO I am happy with my speed. The Digital 395 project is running fiber by our town in the next year or so, and I can only pray that Verizon will pipe it into our town. I want FiOS speeds.

Comments: