Verizon Online DSL page on DSLReports

Review by Rockafella21 See Profile

• Location: New Castle,Lawrence,PA
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "The price is about $15 dollars cheaper than my old provider."
Bad "Connection gets very slow during peak hours. After 9PM EST my connection speeds go from 6.50mbps to 1mbps to 5mbps."
Overall "Verizon is constantly oversubscribbing in my area. There is always a lot of netowrk congestion."

All levels of phone support is extremely difficult to work with. I have not found anyone at Verizon over the phone that is even competent on how DSL works. There was some trouble getting my connection switched over from my old provider to Verizon. This resulted in being left with no internet connection for a few days. It was extremely difficult getting the problem resolved due to Verizon playing musical phones. Once the connection was up and running it was around PM. They had me run a speed test which showed I was only getting 3.4mbps out of Mbps. I was told it was nothing to worry about. It was just network congestion. Its like are you serious? I was like what was the point of even running the speed test then? I also had a lady from the corporate office tell me I need to tell my neighbors to stop downloading so much. Wow, this is hilarious.

From what I have been able to gather from my old provider (Who simply resold me a Verizon internet connection.) and from Verizon there are 4 possible routers for me to be connected to. There are 3 Junipers and one Redback. Out of the 4 possible router 3 are congested. The one that isn't congested which is a Juniper is broken. Therefore, I am left with no alternative to the problem. I have a open ticket with tech support that was created Friday March 23. I was initially told the problem would be resolved in 24 to 48 hours. Now as of yesterday March 27 I am being told that this has been pushed back to March 31st. I am hoping that this means they are doing some upgrades at the central office. That's the only thing I can think of that would take that long. I guess we will find out.

Comments: