Verizon Online DSL page on DSLReports

Review by buzzer7994 See Profile

• Location: Brownwood,Brown,TX
  • Telco party Verizon
Good "When it stays connected its fairly stable"
Bad "Constant intermittent connectivity issue"
Overall "Verizon has worked on my line a dozen times, they say wires in area are old"

When my service can stay connected , sometimes it works perfectly for a couple of weeks or so, it's great. The problem is the majority of the time the connection drops several times throughout the day. Sometimes it will be off for 5-10 minutes or sometimes half the day. Of course when the techs come out, it seems to work ok. They will move a few wires around and call it good. Sometimes this does seem to help for a while, but for last two weeks the connection is dropping every hour for at least a few minutes. It's really annoying, but I get charged the full amount. They were supposed to come out Thurs. & I received a text saying a tech had been dispatched. I never saw anyone and exactly one minute later I received a text saying my issue was resolved. I have had this connectivity issue for over 2 years !! What the heck could they have resolved in 1 minute? Meanwhile of course my issue remains. I'm connected then not 8 yes I have restarted my modem !!!

Comments:

Demonfang

join:2011-04-21
Spring Mills, PA

need some REAL help?

if you want, head over to the Verizon online dsl area »Verizon DSL , and i might be able to help you out a bit, depending on what the issue is.

if you want to get a head start, put transceiver statistics in the first post, a set from both when it's working well to right before it loses sync would be preferable, but anything helps.
buzzer7994

join:2011-03-30
Brownwood, TX
·Verizon Online DSL

Re: need some REAL help?

Demonfang, thanks for the reply.. I have smokeping data that I ran for 24 hours and I will attach those. If you will instruct on how to obtain transceiver stats, I will try to get those as well. ( As I tried to attach my connection dropped )!! UGGGG !!
Thanks for anything you can do...

Demonfang

join:2011-04-21
Spring Mills, PA

Re: need some REAL help?

if you give me what modem you have, i should be able to tell you where it is, or how to get to it.

also, i would really suggest taking this to a new forum thread, as i don't get notified of updates to review chat