Verizon Online DSL page on DSLReports

Review by Robert1010 See Profile

• Location: Philadelphia,Philadelphia,PA
  • Telco party Verizon
Bad "Service is as bad as it can be. They want $30.00 to figure what is wrong with there new junk gateway"
Overall "service NO send Verizon more cash"

I have a DSL2750b gateway. The first one would only connect to an HP4620 printer if the security was turned off. The 2nd gateway did the same thing. When they did connect they still did not work. I have an Actiontec GT704wg that works normal. It connects, prints, hosts other computers on my WPA network. The Actiontec has other problems.
The wps will find the printer, but not connect. Both gateways have firm ware 1.44.And hardware T1. S/N is PX2M1BC036379.

Verizon does not care after being a customer for 12 years. They told me to go to Comcast cable.
PLEASE help me.
robert banks
rbanks10@verizon.net

Comments:

xpbx
220, 221, Whatever It Takes.
join:2000-11-08

They told me to go to Comcast cable

"They told me to go to Comcast cable"

cause they are now partnered with them, so either way they get your money. best of luck to you.

Zenit

join:2012-05-07
Purcellville, VA
·T-Mobile US
·Verizon Online DSL

Well..

If cable is available at your address, I don't see why you don't ditch VZ for everything but phone (as you have stated elsewhere you had that voice line a very long time - number porting could be risky.)

Its clear VZ just does not care going by your forum saga, I personally would not give them another dime until fiber shows up at my door.

If your afraid to make the jump to Commiecast (my nickname for the horror that is Comcast) I understand that - their customer support is known for its poor service.

VZ did not have to tell me to leave though - I left 3mbit ADSL for 28mbit cable and never looked back, it would be hard to go back to 3mbit early-2000s era DSL.