AT&T Southeast page on DSLReports

Review by timcuth See Profile

• Location: Pelham,Shelby,AL
Good "Extreme 3 is more reliable than ever"
Bad "No speed upgrades, ever. 3 mbps is not enough in today's world."
Overall "Good, solid connection"

·Charter
UPDATE 10-APR-2014

I have dropped this service, switching to cable. It became apparent that modern speed upgrades were never going to come to my neighborhood. I now feel like I held on to DSL too long, and it wish I had switched, sooner.

UPDATE 14-NOV-2013

Price has gone up, no change in service. U-Verse will apparently never be available in my neighborhood. I am considering switching to cable internet, but I really hate the cable company. However, they offer much faster connection speeds.

UPDATE 31-JAN-2013

Still no changes. 3 mbps service is still good, while 6 mbps is no longer offered to me. I cannot get U-Verse service, either.

UPDATE: 7-FEB-2011

Not much has changed since my 2009 update. I'm still using the old Westell 6100 and I still have a solid connection. No news is good news, I guess.

UPDATE: 20-DEC-2009

Motorola 2210 burned up and I replaced it with old Westell 6100; connection is now very reliable. Speeds are very good for my service level. AT&T switched to Yahoo! web mail and it is really awful. I am now using a paid web host for my email service. Tech Support is also awful - when you call with a problem, they want to talk about and do anything except something to do with your problem.

UPDATE: 5-Sep-2008

I had to go back to Extreme 3. 6 dropped sync too often. The good news is that I stayed on ADSL 2 instead of g.dmt and my connection is now very stable.

UPDATE: 13-Feb-2008

After years of waiting, I was finally able to order Extreme 6 service. First speed test gave 5119 down and 424 up.

I gave up on the email and went to a paid email host. Bellsouth's spam filtering lets through too many spams and filters out too many good messages, so I was spending all my time separating my email.

member for 13.8 years, 6144 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
scottwn

join:2004-06-07
Birmingham, AL

AT&T

I have just done the same thing in Hoover. I was paying about $80 a month for 18mb Uverse...now I'm getting twice the speed for half the cost.