AT&T Southeast page on DSLReports

Review by algerardi See Profile

• Location: Milton,Santa Rosa,FL
Good "Still very reliable and responsive."
Bad "Email service is sometimes slow or unresponsive."
Overall "Reliable and consistent download and upload speeds"

UPDATE: Still Rock solid and going strong after a year. Haven't been down once. Had a few growing pains with the Email service and web mail, but so far within the last couple of weeks has been ok. Would highly recommended. Download speeds constant 1.2meg and up load aprox 217K.

UPDATE: Upgraded to the DSL extreme service without a hitch. Download speed consistently around 2450K with upload 220K. Haven't had one service interruption. I have noticed though that my routing has changed. My routing path is now from my dsl modem to Miami then back up to Mobile,Al then on out which has increased my latency times. I am not using BS dns servers. I am using PE-BIND which is very responsive and reliable.

Bottom Line----still much more reliable than cable broadband ever was.

Recently upgraded to the 6 meg service. The upgrade went flawlessly. Even got a new free Westel modem out of the deal. Service rocks and haven't had any service outages.

Update: Since coming under the AT&T fold......download and upload speeds are great and stable. The only issue I'm having now....is with the unresponsiveness of AT&T mail servers. They have gone done the tubes. No issues when POP Bellsouth email servers......I have tired both SSL per AT&T instructions and also default POP port 110. Both the same issues.

At times they work ok.....but most times it takes one or two or three tries to get connected and logged into their servers to get my emails. No issues with the web mail.

Updated:

My download speed has actually increased to 6.5Meg down and still 425K upload. Don't have U-verse in the area so maybe thats why my speeds are great at the moment. Also getting my 6meg extreme service for 19.95 a month after I called the AT&T Retention desk.....I told them I saw the ads on TV..so why couldn't I have that price since I was paying 40 some dollars/month. So I commited for 12 months. Can't beat that as long as the service remains.

Comments: