AT&T Southeast page on DSLReports

Review by sempergoofy See Profile

• Location: Smyrna,Cobb,GA
Good "Uverse TV, 18Mb Internet, and VOIP. Fast and reliable thus far"
Bad "Order system for VOIP transfer of two POTS lines is a disaster"
Overall "Combination of bundled services seems to be a winner."

I migrated from Bellsouth Xtreme 6.0 DSL service to 18Mb Uverse as soon as it was available in my neighborhood. With the exception that the legacy Bellsouth systems could not correctly allow an order to move my home's TWO pots phone numbers to succeed, it has been almost flawless. It took 3 tries until they finally got their act together to be able to move two lines to Uverse in my home.

The internet service aspect has been reliable thus far. TV service, too. Voice was just finished migrating to Uverse today. So far, so good. Really like the VOIP features.

The $55 I indicated above is for just the 18Mb internet portion of my total bill. The TV and voice add (much) more.

Ping times are a bit high, but I don't game so that does not bother me so much.

»www.speedtest.net/result/855139582.png

Update January 3, 2011 - Service has been reliable. I did have to have the residential gateway (RG) swapped out when one of the two RJ-11 ports for my two phone numbers began producing background white noise. Before scheduling a truck roll, the tier 1 rep that I got decided to take it upon himself during his diagnosis to login to my RG and reset it remotely to factory defaults. Really was a pain in my @ss because not only did he not discuss his plan prior to doing the reset, but I lost all of my local customization including long wireless keys, list of allowed MAC addresses, and LAN subnet customization (I do not use 192.168.1.x). It actually took two separate swaps of the RG before that problem was fixed. They carry only refurbished units on their trucks apparently for service calls, and the first refurb was marginal at best. The tech actually called me about it shortly after she left since she was monitoring it from her laptop to assure success. (Kudos to her for doing that.) She returned and we did the replacement again.

I also noticed that after the switch from POTS to VOIP, I began receiving more unsolicited junk calls despite my phone numbers having been on the national no-call list for many years. I resorted to using the new call-block feature of Uverse-voice against the repeat offenders. Of course, that does little good for first time offenders. Not sure why the change to Uverse-voice would be related to such a phenomenon, but I definitely correlate it to the beginning of my use of Uverse-voice.

Update October 4, 2011 - No new information to add. Service has been reliable. Here is a new speedtest result: »www.speedtest.net/result/1517055268.png

Update Feb. 18, 2013 - Service remains reliable for me.

Comments: