Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!

AT&T Southeast page on DSLReports

Review by CplEstesUSMC See Profile

• Location: Winston,Douglas,GA
Good "I ordered 6 meg DSL and I get it 6.5 down 435 K up consistantly."
Bad "Desperatly need more upload BW"
Overall "You get exactly what you pay for here."

I’ve had this service for about a year now. I’ve switched from Comcast and I will never switch back. Comcast didn’t provide bad service, it’s just whenever I needed something, or needed something to change it was like pulling teeth and another $40-$50 service call. Comcast also went down very consistently at 2-3 am. Sounds like a maintenance window but that’s a lot of downtime.

Also worth mentioning, the latency on this connection is MUCH better than on the cable and I’m still trying to figure out why. Cable modems clock in around 30-38 Megs down and almost that speed going up so the only place I can think of for the latency is congestion and maybe even collisions. Oh yeah, and I was ¼ mile down and across the street from the head-end so that was about as good as you can get it.

-UPDATE- March 10 2011

I've conditioned my NID and went from cat5e to CAT6 on my home run, installed a nid filter and now I have a VERY clean line. 0 line code violates of the course of 4 days. Since ATT took over from bellsouth I've been throttled from 6.5 megs to 5.7, I'm sure this is ATT having a different definition of 6 megs than bellsouth. Bellsouth accounted for ATM/PPPoE overhead, and AT&T did not. But then again this is the most reliable internet connection I've ever had. I get 5.7 megs morning, afternoon/and night, and trust me I've looked for dips. Netflix streams HD without 1 single problem. Upload is just as consistent but since I have a fast machine and good router, I completely saturate the upload when uploading HD video to youtube. I truly need more upload BW.

- June 2011