AT&T Southeast page on DSLReports

Review by stev32k See Profile

• Location: Mobile,Mobile,AL
Good "The price is reasonable for the service"
Bad "They installed the service 8 days after the promised date. Was not notified when it was installed."
Overall "After the installation problems the service has been good."

·Mediacom
·DIRECTV
After having the service two years there has not been a single outage or slow down. It has been rock solid the whole time. The speeds are very consistent at 6.0 down and 500 up which is what I'm paying for. I stream ROKU quite a bit and it works with no problems.

AT&T still has a monopoly attitude. By that I mean their policies and procedures are fixed and inflexible ie it's their way or no way. The sales rep. assured me that my new service would be turned on no later than the day after the order was placed. When that didn't happen I called to find out when it was going to be installed. After being transferred four times I finally talked to someone in the installation department. I was told there was no way my service could be connected with the next 7 days - she didn't seem to care I was promised an install that day and her attitude was "take it or leave it" I very nearly canceled.

When the tech finally showed up I was not notified and didn't even know he had been here until I called again to ask when the service would be turned on and was told "it is on". If I hadn't called I would never have known.

After the installation problems the service has been good. I get just over the speed I pay for (6.0 Mb) on several speed tests. So far the connection has been stable and reliable.

Comments: