AT&T Southeast page on DSLReports

Review by BellSouthBS See Profile

• Location: Fort Lauderdale,Broward,FL
Good "..... I got rid of them after 1 year"
Bad "Network password issue; Intermittent service after rainstorms; Frequent disconnects; speed issues; "
Overall "AT&T is NOT a reputable company, and leaves it up to the customer to report defective AT&T infrastructure, DSLAMS, and dead IPs."

·Clear Wireless
I signed up for U-Verse, and found AT&T installing DSL. I was suppose to receive service for $14.95 on a promo, but ended up paying $24.95, a classic AT&T "BAIT & SWITCH"

The service was intermittent after install until they cranked up signal levels on an old telco cable that was put in shortly after God created dirt. I spent more time on the phone with support than I spent on the internet. Around Christmas, they double-billed me, and instead of removing a month, they actually ADDED a third month's charges, which added up to TRIPLE BILLING.

After more outages and lost time, $25 credits were issued, but I never saw any of them on the bill.

The straw that broke the camel's back was when I demanded to speak to tier 3 tech support, and was told that every time there was a glitch or power failure, my modem would lose the NETWORK PASSWORD, which required me to go into an advanced setup mode, and re-install the password. Without a password, the modem would work intermittently, and it would be hit or miss if I could load a page, or download a file. After Mark told me this, I thought back over the past year, and wondered why all the hard to understand AT&T tech support people in the Philippines never mentioned this. When I told them I couldn't understand them, they simply continued with their "UNPLUG THE MODEM" speech. I had spent a year with crappy AT&T service and support, only to be told that there is a defect in THEIR system, which required customer intervention for the NETGEAR modems.

Because of all the DSL outages, my fail-safe MBR-1000 modem switched to my unlimited grandfathered wireless modem, but AT&T didn't bother to throttle, they simply suspended service after 5 GB to a paying customer who was paying TWICE for service that he was not getting. This DENIAL OF SERVICE left me and my family without telephone service (VOIP). I am a Federal Communications Commission Liaison Committee Member for the SBE, and am also a Member of The Bar, and now I am preparing to file in Federal Court.

With Japan being wired up for 2 GB down and one GB up, at a cost equivalent to 50 US Dollars, AT&T is ripping off Americans. In addition, AT&T has tons of hidden spectrum (bandwidth), including spectrum on either side of the SDARS Band, where XM-Radio and Sirius Radio reside in the 2.3 GHz spectrum. I have never seen so much greed as I see with AT&T and cable companies. Please remember: Cable companies got their start by stealing signals from TV-Broadcast Stations. They made so much money, and never paid the stations back then, that they could afford to hire lawyers to prosecute people who stole signals from them. How IRONIC.

Comments: