Velcom page on DSLReports

Review by imagine23 See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "Cheaper than other major companies"
Overall "Worst service I have ever encountered in terms of internet service"

The first year I had velcom, it was ok. Disconnects here and there but it gets resolved. But then after about a year Major slow speeds started happening. They blamed the insired wiring in my apartment which is not the case. I basically waited things out to be resolved. It was finally resolved when tekksavvy (another isp company actually looked into it as per the dsl forums, and found that it was on bell site). My main issue was that I ordered the 5mbps but I have been getting only 1mbps. This went on for days.

The turning point of why i cancelled their service is this past week. My internet has been down for almost 5 days now. Since day 1 of my problem, I have opened a ticket support online, called technical supports, sales, billing, you name it. NOBODY was picking up the phones. I have tried calling at different times of the day. My calls get REJECTED!! Sometimes it will automatically put me on hold for hours (I put my phone on speakers) and it will suddenly just end. I really wanted to cancel their service, but I cant even do that since they will not pick up my phone calls. So I really dont know what to do but dispute any charges they will do to my creditcard!!

The first year I have their service has been ok, at least they pick up the phone when I call them.

Comments: