Bell Fibe page on DSLReports

Review by coaxguy See Profile

• Location: St Catharines,ON
Good "Consistent speeds, full 25/10."
Bad "Forced to use Sagemcom modem as gateway."
Overall "Impressed"

·Start Communicat..
Re-writing this review as I have been with Cogeco for an extended period of time, but recently went back to Bell when Fibe 25/10 became available. Ill mention first that its not FTTH 25/10, I am on copper from the OPI and STINGER to my house.

Got a great deal. Called in and got 25/10 with the student cap of 375GB for 1 year at $44.99 - I was sold and willing to test as soon as the agent told me the cap.

Install was done 3 days later, ill be honest here and say it was an acquaintance that did it, and I am an IT specialist, so all the wiring was done before hand. Install took 45 minutes.

Been getting rock solid 25/10 since activation.

So ill just say, that as of this moment, I am actually quite pleased with the product and speeds. Will update as necessary.

»www.speedtest.net/result/2385461342.png

UPDATED MARCH 2013:

Still getting advertised speeds with no interruptions that had anything to do with the network.
Price went up after promotional period, now paying 62.99 + 10.00 for unlimited bandwidth.

I may consider Start or TekSavvy for my VDSL connection now as they have the 50/10 for the same base price (54.99-59.99) and an unlimited window between 2-8am

Still a great option if you can get the promo pricing.

I hate the sagemcom modem. I do use my own router, the Asus N66U, but still they should offer a barebones modem for those who want to use their own router.

member for 4.9 years, 371 visits, last login: a few hours ago