VoicePulse page on DSLReports

Review by mm See Profile

• Location: Summerville,Dorchester,SC
Good "Great filters using caller id name"
Bad "Unreliable chronic issues"
Overall "Totally unreliable, I have to use my cell for most calls"

I have been with voice pulse for about 3 years and these last 8 months it's been frustrating. Constant Voice Mail issues and calls not getting connected to me. They have great customer service but with these chronic issues the service has become too unreliable since that 2010 summer meltdown last year.

I also have many complaints from the other end of the conversation that the voice quality is poor, on my end it sounds fine. I use FIOS as my provider which is great for low latency numbers so I doubt that is the problem. The complaints started after the meltdown.

My last conversation with customer service left me feeling they really don't care. I was disappointed that they just want to pass the buck and blame YouMail. They picked YouMail and it's their partner and they need a better communication between the companies and stop pointing fingers and just fix the issues.

2/2012 update

Things have calmed down with the voice mail issues. I still have some voice quality issues. I tend to use my iPad with TalkaTone to make outgoing calls and most of my friends tell me it sounds better than Voice Pulse.

9/2012 update

Voice mail indicators are getting worse, it's basically useless. Last night my phone would ring and nobody was there. I called my own number, it would go to voice mail after one ring and my VP phone was still ringing. Pickup and nobody was there. Calling support these days is a waste of time. No after hours support either. They were down a few weeks ago around 9pm at night and they don't even know it or resolve the problem until the next day. This service feels like it's run out of someone's garage.

11/2012

Pulled the plug. Message waiting indicators still not working. The usual routing issues came back and most calls inbound were dead space. My friends kept calling me on my cell. It just was not worth opening another ticket with these guys, yes they would fix it, but wait a week and the problems come back. They don't know how to permanently resolve the problems.

I switched to VOIP.ms. Easy config. So far no issues.

Comments:

VexorgTR

join:2012-08-27
Sheffield Lake, OH

Eek

Sounds like it might be time to make a change. East Coast provider CallCentric comes to mind as a good option.

mm
I Did It My Way
join:2001-04-07
Summerville, SC
·VoicePulse

Re: Eek

One feature I want that seems to be an issue is call blocking by callerid. With VP I can setup a rule to block calls with words in the callerid. For example I have a rule with the word 'research' and that sends all those calls to the dark hole. I really don't want to give up this feature, it saves me a lot of headache not getting all those BS calls everyday.

But I do want to drop Voice Pulse. I was looking at VOIPo but they don't offer the blocking I want.

jimk
join:2006-04-15
Raleigh, NC

Re: Eek

VOIPo allows for call blocking by caller ID. Many BYOD providers including (but not limited to) VoIP.ms and Callcentric also allow you to block or re-route calls based on Caller ID.

mm
I Did It My Way
join:2001-04-07
Summerville, SC
·VoicePulse

said by jimk:

VOIPo blocks by CallerID number which they all do. Very few block by CallerID name.

VexorgTR

join:2012-08-27
Sheffield Lake, OH
What draws you to VOIPo? I only consider them mediocre in a pool of many excellent carriers.
PX Eliezer7
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

Re: Eek

VOIPo provides good quality service at very good prices, especially for the customers who don't want BYOD.