Nexicom page on DSLReports

Review by Awesome Dave See Profile

• Location: Lindsay,ON
Good "downloads from some sources like peer to peer"
Bad "speeds for streaming videos, web site load times, customer service"

I switched from Bell to Nexicom, and I actually wish I had stayed with Bell. I switched to Nexicom because they offered unlimited bandwidth at the same advertised speeds for half the price of my limited bandwidth Bell account. However, after being told I was set up (and of course, billing starting), there was major problems getting it to work.. I had to wait 4 days to get a tech to come fix it after I called in the problem. That's after taking 2 days to actually get someone to answer on the tech support line. Now my internet works, but it is half the speed of what I had with Bell. If I want to watch a streaming video, be it from Youtube, Netflix, or any other site, it takes on average 3x the video length to properly buffer it so I watch it. If I don't let it completely buffer, the videos play choppy and the play catches up to the buffer and I have to wait anyway. I tried calling their tech support for 3 days about this, and eventually gave up. One of the main reasons I switched was my friend (who only lives a few streets away) was consistantly getting 14Mbps speeds at Speedtest.net. I get 3.45Mbps (when I'm lucky). So sure, the package had a great price, but not when you compare the service. Bell had better speeds, better customer support (even if it was a call center in India). I used to have Nexicom dial-up years ago... and I feel like I have it again, and the company isn't willing to make it better. I'm moving at the end of April, and will be dropping the Nexicom internet (even tho I'll have to pay for 3 months when I have only used 2... great business model, what a greedy company) and I will never even consider Nexicom as an option again, and I will advise anyone else who asks me to stay away from them. Bad products I can handle, but bad customer service is another thing completely. Maybe it's better in a bigger city like Peterborough, but in Lindsay, it's one of the worst companies I've had the misfortune of dealing with.

Comments:

NexiCSM

@nexicom.net

Your Review

Hello,

Your experience is certainly unique. There is no reason why you are not getting the same speeds you received from Bell providing the package you had with Bell is the same speed package you choose with Nexicom.
Please give us the opportunity to resolve your issue.

As for the Helpdesk, they are open until 10pm during the week and 5pm on the weekend. When you call you remain in a queue - no voice mail. Perhaps you were calling the wrong number?
Please call 1-888-639-4266, Option 2 and Option 3.

We also do not start billing until your service is working.

Nexicom CSM

pstewart
join:2005-10-12
Peterborough, ON

Problems

Please call in to 1-888-639-4266 and ask to talk to a supervisor. The supervisor will be able to look up your history and see what has been going on and suggest how to resolve it. This is not the typical customer experience.

Please feel free to PM me your contact information if you prefer and I will forward to our Customer Service Manager by all means. Thanks.
abongard

join:2011-01-31
Markham, ON

Speed issues

We are a DSL/Cable reseller/VoIP Provider in Markham and do not think your issue is unique at all. We have noticed issues like this many times. Most likely when they changed your service they put you on a different DSLAM port and pair that is just not as good as your original.

We have also experienced the Bell switcheroo where your friend next door has opted for the new Bell higher price "guaranteed" service and when the tech comes to install he finds that the wire to the house is not very good.... but yours is so they swap the lines. Why not your friend next door is paying more and you are only on an "up to" service. too bad you lose..... that's the great Bell philosophy we are all supposed to get used to... I don't think so but the rest of us are only resellers... Bell and Rogers are the only game in town. Can you spell monopoly?

Bell will tell you its not true but we were told otherwise...

Stick to the reseller and just get them to help you... They will have to open tickets until it gets resolved but don't give up.... The smaller companies want your business more than Bell or Rogers...!

Bell will eventually have to listen once they lose more market share.

Regards,
Andrew Bongard
tube-e.com
onecentld.com

pstewart
join:2005-10-12

Re: Speed issues

In this scenario, the customer pair would have remained the same.. customer would have been moved on the same pair over to our DSLAM's.

Chris2012

@bell.ca

Re: Speed issues

I am currently considering the switch from Bell in Lindsay but this review concerns me. What concerns me more is that I called Nexicom just now and got a recording the offices were closed. The hours of operation on the web site indicate they are open on Saturdays. This is not the case and I tried different options to get to talk to someone.

If I'm not going to get a hold of anyone when I have questions about making the switch, what's going to happen when I need tech support down the line, seems risky.

On paper the service definitely makes you think twice about being with Bell but a degradation in service and possibly speed? Doesn't look too promising.

bbuchanan
join:2004-02-05

Re: Speed issues

Our support line is certainly open on Saturdays (and Sundays). What time did you call - I'll take a look and see what happened on Saturday.

You can also drop by our office in Lindsay (corner of York and Kent). I can't remember the hours of that office off the top of my head though right now.
Nexicom - »www.nexicom.net

bbuchanan
join:2004-02-05
Peterborough, ON
Sorry, I got trigger happy and posted.

As long as you are fed off of the CO in Lindsay (corner of William & Bond), then you will be on our DSLAM that is colocated there, and will NOT be on Bell's DSLAM.

I can't guarantee the speeds, as the speeds are dependent on the quality of the copper pair, but we can certainly do our best to get you the best service possible.
Nexicom - »www.nexicom.net