Acanac page on DSLReports

Review by phmatin See Profile

• Location: Mississauga,ON
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (12 month contract)
Bad "The worst customer service & billing"
Overall "True Story"

I started my DSL 6Mbps with Acanac sometimes in Oct, 2011
Like everybody else I got the bell technician to set up the modem configuration all right. I paid for a full term of 12 months in advance $ 390
But Acanac double charged my credit card ( their fault )
which I got one return paid back to me after one month dealing with the Acanac billing dept. and my bank on Nov.

after 5 months having the service they decided to cancel my account without any notice. Surprisingly when I contacted them they told me that the cancellation is due to my second refund on Feb 2012
(which neither I request nor authorized my bank for )

Any way, after calling them more than 10 times I tried to explain that the second refund is impossible after 5 months due to the 30 days money- back-term in their
own contract.

I even send them all proofs of not receiving the second refund
but I could not succeed.

the customer service was so secretive that I could not even get the name of the accounting Mgr or talk to customer service supervisor.
they were very rude to me even accusing me of using free internet !

to me this was the most expensive internet ever,$ 390 for 5 months !
they are or thieves or idiots !

Honestly ,the line and hardware is from Bell.
even technician to install and support is from Bell.
what else the acanac is doing?
Billing !
and they suck at it.

Comments:

Fergless
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON

Refund

Can you send me your account info in an IM and I'll see if I can help.

Tks
carcajou

join:2012-10-16
Riviere-Beaudette, QC

3 edits

Re: Refund

Wow, this one will be the jewel in my collection of "absurd Acanac situations " LOL

So they billed you twice; you got a refund for the unjustified double billing and then they cancelled your account because you refused to pay double ?

And you cannot resolve that absurdity with their customers service ?

And you have been trying since february ?

ha ha ha this one is a keeper.

But I think I can see Acanac s logic in it. You insolently refused to pay double for 12 months for service. Cutting you off after 5 months achieved, in effect, the same result: you paid double ( 12 months price for 5 months service ).

hm

@videotron.ca

Re: Refund

said by carcajou:

And you cannot resolve that absurdity with their customers service ?

And you have been trying since february ?

ha ha ha this one is a keeper.

Don't forget the early termination penalty worked into that cost. Acanac calls it, paying regular price to break the contract. A little play on words there.