Knology page on DSLReports

Review by frd123 See Profile

• Location: Charleston,Charleston,SC
Good "Fast reliable internet, Awesome Support"
Bad "Initial connection problems for the entire street"
Overall "They came and sat in the street until the issues were reasolved"

Switched from AT&T DSL, which I had been using since my ISDN days. The other option in our area is Time Warner (nuff said). I got the highest speed available in our area decided on Knology because my brother-in-law swears by them. I work close to the knology office so I walked in. The installer came right on time, he did an ok job running the cable to my bedroom, we have since removed a screen porch and re-routed the cable.

Initially our service would drop every night around 9:00pm. Not just mine, everyone on our street was having an issue. They messed around with resetting my modem and replaced it once. After 2 weeks they parked a truck in front of my house and discovered an issue at the pole at the end of our street. It's been 11 months and our service has been flawless since.

Comments:
join:2012-06-11

Other providers take note!

Most of the "big boys" (concast, charter, ect) automatically ignore customers have informed a CSR of an obvious issue outside of their home, yet these companies INSIST on sending a home tech out first which of course determines that all is well at the home and that the issue is a line or network issue, and then a line tech or network tech is dispatched to the appropriate location. Why not save the customer frustration, and the time and money of the company, and just dispatch the line tech when the situation is OBVIOUS.