voip.ms page on DSLReports

Review by jkb3 See Profile

• Location: Oakville,ON
Good "Easy to use interface, call quality, web site features"
Bad "Can't buy online DIDs blocked account for no reason"

Hi Everyone, just wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue with VoIP.ms where they blocked your account so you can't purchase DIDs. I have close to 50 DID's with them and spend on avg $350/mth just on origination and DIDs very little termination. They blocked my account from. When I try to order get the following message:

This account is unable to purchase more DIDs

Please contact support for more information.

Every time I speak with support they don't give me a reason why just say to email them when I want to buy a DID. It's a frustrating and long process trying to go over emails (support ticket) trying to get a DID since you can't pick any more and they assign you crappy DID # so I had to resort to another provider. Maybe someone from VoIP.ms that cares can get this resolved if now I'll be porting out my DID's to a CELC to skip the middle man like VoIP.ms.

Comments:

suppafly

Hello

Your account could have been flagged automatically by the system for one of several reasons. We always try to be reasonable, if you would d kindly send me your ticket via PM I will make sure that everything is explained accurately.

Hi Peter,

I did open a ticket, two actually and you responded to it ignoring the question why my account was suspended from buying DIDs? I even called in for support and the telephone support ignored me and said to just submit tickets. You just said to me in the ticket to send you the, rate center desired and quantity of the DIDs I want to buy. With all the carriers I do business they list DIDs so I can pick and choose instant activation, with VoIP.ms now I have to wait to see if the rate center is serviced then assigned a DID chosen by your staff.

Hello

My memory may be failing me, but I do not remember answering this ticket recently, I deal with dozens of tickets every day and I certainly can not recall something that may have happened months ago. I am not aware of your VoIP.ms account or ticket number at the moment, so unfortunately I can not give an accurate reply. If you could send me your ticket number, I will have the sales department reply to your inquiry.

Thank you for your cooperation, you posted here you wanted someone from VoIP.ms to solve this, and that is what im trying to do.

Re: Hello

Hi Peter it's was early 2012, I have been using you guys for a long time and want to continue to do business. I'm not sure if you can get the sales guys to look at the account as you said in the ticket "I do not have information about the status of your account, other than it is able to purchase numbers in the way mentioned above." aka open ticket, wait... and then I'll have a DID assigned.

If you can kindly look into this matter for me that would be much appreciated.

Here are the two ticket ID# 469646 and 525768

J
MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON

1 recommendation

Not a review

I don't mean to be an a**, but that's not a review, it's a question. You should have posted this in VoIP Tech Chat...

Re: Not a review

Hi Michel,

I would say it's a review as support has been ignoring the questions. So just wanted to write about my experience how it's they deal with problems that are not answered or ignored by support. Like I said in my review call quality is good, price is OK, I have been with them for years so maybe something can be done. Maybe after all there are more clients that were denied access to the full VoIP.ms platform for no reason and support would not fix it. So a public review of the services might get something straighten out.

J
rigelex

join:2012-11-13

What is the status of your problem?

Has voip.ms answered your question about why you are not allowed to buy any more DIDs? Someone like you, who spends $350 a month with them should certainly be taken good care of.

If they do not take good care of you, how will they treat the little people like me who spend only a few dollars a month?
Iscream
join:2009-02-17
New York, NY

1 recommendation

A review instead of trouble-ticket? - weird at least

I find it a bit strange when a customer, who has happened to be more than 10 years in this forum, where discussions of questions like this one are a regular matter, acts by posting a negative review for a pure technical issue - all instead of attempting to resolve the same issue with help-desk people.

Voip.ms, as most other VoIP providers are facing a huge Internet related fraud risk and exposure on a daily basis.

They have developed and use software that helps them to automatically identify and isolate attempts to [possibly] defraud their service. The whole purpose of using such automated systems - it's to be able to provide service at less cost than it would be should they keep multiple staffers on salary.

Are such systems ideal, always providing 100% protection? - of course not; there are some false positives - then a manual "intervention" is required, but the whole process of manual escalation is by itself a part of isolation of possible fraudsters from normal customers.

Just to hint a bit - do any of you ever attempt to attack a security personnel at airport when they ask you to remove your belts, shoes and/or rise your hands? - unfortunately, this is a very nature of the world we now all live in.

So instead of attacking those who try to minimize your cost of service - you better try to think how you may help them, save their time and improve their security procedures.

A note to a reader - I represent a competing company who also, on a daily basis has to fight Internet fraud. And we also have cases exactly like this one. And we also have "reviewers"who use this forum as a place to trash/bash a provider just because "they can". I'm simply trying to warn people reading reviews like this one - multiple reviews should carefully be read to create an in-dept understanding of how the service works/worked throughout the time and what other people expressed about this same service - please don't rely solely on "experts" whose only goal is to express their childish anger because they couldn't get a toy right at the moment they wanted it (I'm not talking yet about those "experts" who were possibly paid [directly or otherwise] to make their dirty work).

Re: A review instead of trouble-ticket? - weird at least

Hi Iscream,

Thank you for you reply but if you read the post I did contact help desk person, had multiple chats with them and even phone calls they have denied me the rights and the reason to why I can't buy DIDs. Now I found out it's because a SINGLE DID was ported out of the system after purchase (not ported out by us but my friend with out my knowledge) So If you read the other posts I have been trying to get this resolved since early 2012. After always getting a answer to buy DIDs manually I found it weird when I singed up a brand new account, passed the security check for a new account and I was able to buy a DID. Oddd....

So there was a reason why they didn't want to sell me DIDs but after getting my voice heard publicly some action was done and finally the same support staff that denied me the reason why I wasn't able to buy a DID escalated the issue to his team lead and got it resolved. Odd but true. If you don't believe me I can show you the tickets transcripts and dates so trust me I tried to contact them prior to this and finally something was done so I'm happy that its been finally resolved. If there are more people out there with the same issues I hope they were not blocked with out any notices.

2 edits

Re: A review instead of trouble-ticket? - weird at least

Hello jkb3.

I am very glad the issue is now resolved. We look forward to keep providing you with a good service for your end customers, we appreciate your continued business.

We also see that you have been porting more numbers to our network on the last days, we thank you for your continued trust in our company and in the value of our service, we will do our best to meet your expectations.

It is also my knowledge you now have a direct contact for one of our supervisors at technical support, we understand business customers may have different needs/requirements than a home customer.

XCOM
digitalnUll
join:2002-06-10
Spring, TX

hu?

I am not one to be jumping on reviews and commenting BUT... This review makes no sense at all... Is sad to know the reviewer is been here for 10yrs and has no clue what he just did. This is not a review.
[nUll@dcypher ~]$
aleyn

join:2002-12-31
Waterloo, ON

Re: hu?

I think it's a review and have found this thread very helpful to evaluate voip.ms. An observation of a customer service problem through it's cycle is probably more useful than even a technical review as I'd like to assert that primary reason many of us are not using traditional telcos is, in fact, the attrocious customer service that they provide. If voip.ms provide notably better customer service (they unquestionably do!), then they deserve more business, but we won't know any of this without direct and blunt discussion and observation of the handling of customer service problems.