Suddenlink page on DSLReports

Review by Sakki54 See Profile

• Location: Tyler,Smith,TX
Good "When it works, it's decent."
Bad "It has more downtime/problems as it does uptime."
Overall "No. Just No. And definitely NO."

I've had Suddenlink since it was Cox. Their service has gone from decent to holy crap... Can I please use the internet once this week?

The speed that I pay for is 15/1 however the normal speed is about 3/1.5. Whenever I do get my 15/1 I will get some other problem such as my ping has gone from 13 all the way up to 300. There's NEVER a middle ground where you can actually do stuff w/o problems.

The support says its normal useless stuff of: "Turn it off and on again", like I haven't already, and then sends a tech out to fix it. The past 3 times, all withing a year, have been my modem dying. All 3 modems were different modems that were 'upgrades' from the lasts. It feels like they spend more time 'upgrading' modems than making sure they actually work. Last tech took nearly 3days to come out and fix and then left w/o even activating the modem, leaving me w/o internet or phone for another day.

All-in-all Don't EVER consider Suddenlink. It's gone from meh to crap so fast. I would switch but unfortunately the next best internet is AT&T's 2mbps net. My phone has a better 3G then that. I can't wait for FiOS in my area.

Comments:
Pete Abel
join:2008-01-15
Saint Louis, MO

With Suddenlink at Corp HQ

I'm one of the Suddenlink agents authorized to help customers in this forum: »Approved Suddenlink Tech Support Agents. If you'll send me an IM through this forum -- or email me (pete.abel@suddenlink.com) -- I will escalate your issues to the attention of a senior manager in your area.