TekSavvy DSL page on DSLReports

Review by skyR See Profile

• Location: Toronto,ON
Good "300gb cap and unlimited during the night, good speeds at a reasonable price."
Bad "Low upload speed."
Overall "Perfect. Highly recommended!"

I decided to finally switch over to Teksavvy when Bell refused to offer me the 300gb cap student plan or renew my 50% discount promotion even though I've been a customer of theirs for nearly fifteen years.

I inquired about the switch on the direct forums and my inquiry was promptly handled by Elizabeth and Martin. I ordered on December 4th after calling Bell to give them the 30 days notice of cancellation. I made the silly mistake of entering the wrong contact phone number and also selecting a username that was already taken (so the system automatically gave me a username with numbers at the end) but Martin and Elizabeth promptly fixed both problems for me.

I also purchased the Zyxel modem from Teksavvy. One grippe I had about this was that Teksavvy requires you to pick up the package at the post office which is sort of an inconvenience. But the modem itself is good so far.

I was told that a tech visit is required and I'd need to be home for the set date even though this made no sense as my DSL service was active and Bell has previously installed a POTS splitter for me. It wasn't a big deal so I didn't bother disputing.

I was a little terrified of the transition as I've read horror stories of the activation date being moved back, having no internet connection because Bell mistakenly unplugged your line on their end, and so on. But to my surprise, the tech called me on my set activation date (January 3rd) before arriving. He was friendly and polite but didn't do anything (as I predicted). Just came in to realize my internet connection is active and that the POTS splitter was already in place, got me to sign a piece of paper, and left for his next appointments.

A plus for Teksavvy is that they do bandwidth by the month and not by the billing cycle like Bell. Easier to keep track of!

Getting the 15/1 speed I paid for, no problems so far:

Comments:

TSI Jonathan
join:2011-08-24
canada

Feedback

Thank you very much for the feedback and review. Glad everything went smoothly and if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan
Social Media Relations Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.