SONIC.NET page on DSLReports

Review by mediahound See Profile

• Location: Richmond,Contra Costa,CA
Good "Better customer support and faster up than AT&T, great installers, local regional business, cutting edge developments"
Bad "AT&T installation is horrible & Sonic needs to advocate for the customer better"

I had Sonic DSL service for a couple of years and they were pretty good but I went to Comcast for the faster speeds for the price. But, I never had reliable service thru Comcast and I saw that Sonic.net now offers their faster Fusion DSL product in my area (which they didn't have before when I was on regular DSL) so I switched back to Sonic.net and am very happy I did!

The Sonic Fusion installer was very helpful, knowledgeable and professional. I was super impressed. The AT&T installer? Not so much. I saw him just sitting out in his van out front so I had to go flag him down. I'm not even sure if he would have called me or not to gain access to the complex. He might have just driven away without even trying like he did on the first appointment (AT&T was a no show on their first install appointment).

One of the AT&T lines in my dual pair Fusion is a bit faulty (I'm only getting about half speed on it) so Sonic has opened a trouble ticket with AT&T for that which is currently pending.

Luckily, I still get about 3/4s of the speed I should be getting since the other line is normal speed so it's still quite usable even with the faulty line.

Needless to say, I'm happy and relieved that Sonic.net Fusion has now been installed! It seems very stable and fast and will be even more so when the single AT&T line is fixed by AT&T.

I like that there are no bandwidth caps with Sonic.net and the speed that you see is what you get (Comcast 'speed boosts' only the first several MB of data, then lowers your speed which is lame, plus Comcast is really a bad company). The Sonic.net connection seems quite reliable and steady as well.

While the installation was a bit of a frustrating experience because of AT&T, I'm quite happy with the Sonic.net expertise and service. I just wish they could somehow manage AT&T better.

Prior to the above, I had some billing issues with Sonic.net when I had regular DSL that were annoying but taken care of well by Sonic in the end. I've removed that complaint from this review since it was handled but some of the comments below are left over from that.

Comments: