SONIC.NET page on DSLReports

Review by stuntcow See Profile

• Location: Bay Area
Good "Faster than AT&T, and no caps!"
Bad "No caller ID names!"
Overall "Great Internet, but phone service feels beta"

Fusion Broadband + Phone
One Line
39.95/mo + tax

## Installation ##
It took around 6 hours (after DSL+voice went down) to get Fusion up and running. I called in after the 2 hour window passed, and it seems that AT&T didn't do something up at the CO, so they had to send AT&T back to fix it.

## Internet ##
The ZXDSL 831 they provided (~50 + 10 s/h) syncs at 12m/1m. Tweaked further by Sonic, it now syncs slightly faster at 13m/1.3m. I'm at around 5000ft from the CO.

Connection is stable for the most part. I have seen it act flaky a few days after installation, but it appears to be ok now.

Latency is much better. I'm not a gamer, but ping tests are much lower compared to what I got at AT&T. I think I was on interleave with AT&T, and now on fast path with Sonic.

## Phone ##
Voice quality seems ok, international calls work fine (although you need to call to unblock it), and I guess works like a normal phone line. Almost...

The only thing I don't like is that the caller ID only shows the phone number, not the name. What's in the name field? The phone number repeated! This is apparently because of a lack of "CNAM" lookup on Sonic's side (or something like that). They said they're working on it though.

I really like Sonic, but if I had known about the CID problem, I probably would have waited a little more until they got this fully working. It can get **a bit annoying** trying to figure out who the number belongs to without the CID name.

member for 13.3 years, 2735 visits, last login: 3.1 years ago