| Review by webtechy |
member for 11.3 years, 2280 visits, last login: 84 days ago
updated 2.1 years ago
- $40 per month
- about 17 days
- "Good ADSL2+ speeds, regular phone line with LD, no bandwidth caps!"
- "about the same speed I was getting from at&t, was not able to reuse previous at&t u-verse lite motorola 2210 att adsl2+ modem, w"
- "great value for your money and great alternative option to at&t"
|Pre Sales information:|
Value for money:
(ratings match consensus)
Compared to having at&t there are quite a few benefits to switching to Sonic if it's available in your area:
- typically same speeds or better than at&t
- regular phone line with nationwide long distance for no additional cost (also caller ID, call waiting, etc.)
- no bandwidth caps
- good pre-sales distance from CO calculator/checker
- good tech support (despite at&t) and longer tech support availability hours
Compared to "U-Verse Lite" (which only went up to 6Mbps for me) this is a great option even if the max speed you end up with is still the same 6Mbps since you are getting other stuff included at the same price and a good alternative to being an at&t only customer which has no other phone, webhost, or fax benefits.
Did not like that I was not able to re-use my at&t modem even though I was told it "should" work and I was billed $50 for getting a new modem from Sonic. I blame at&t more for that but Sonic also did has not pro-rated my billing from when I setup service. Will need to call their billing dept. which is only open 8-5, M-F.