SONIC.NET page on DSLReports

• Location: San Francisco,San Francisco,CA
Good "Sonic.net has awesome customer service"
Bad "Nothing so far"
Overall "We had several issues getting set up with Sonic.net dsl. Customer service was able to quickly resolve and address all of them."

I recently moved to a new apartment and decided to try out Sonic.net as
an ISP. Previously we had had AT&T dsl and I was sick of their lousy
customer service. Upon calling Sonic.net, I was immediately connected
with a knowledgeable sales person who helped us get the ball rolling.
After a couple days, we had our service turned on but the modem was not
able to synch up. I called the customer service and was able to speak
with a person on the phone in no time at all. No dumb automated menu
system that takes forever to navigate. Nope--just a person on the other
end of the phone and from the sounds of it located in the Bay Area.
Awesome.

They were able to schedule a representative from AT&T to come by and fix
the issue within 3 days of the call. Afterwards we were able to connect
to the Internet but were experiencing frequent drops in service. Again
I was able to connect with a knowledgeable support person who gave me a
couple ideas on how to improve the connection. He also mentioned that a
new modem might resolve the issue. I was willing to give it a shot and
after 3-4 days we received the new modem in the mail. I got it set up
shortly and ever since have experienced a higher downstream and no loss
of connectivity.

I am thoroughly impressed with the customer service representatives. Not
only are they a pleasure to call but the person actually knew what he
was talking about and was able to resolve my issue. This is the exact
opposite from my experience with AT&T.

I could not be a happier customer. Sonic.net provides great Internet
service at the same price as AT&T and with much better service. I see
no reason to choose AT&T over them. Outstanding company.

(review was emailed from domain dons.usfca.edu)

Comments:

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

Reason

The Reason to take ATT over a reseller of last mile is you can actually talk to a rep at ATT that knows what they're doing if you get the correct phone numbers. The reps are based in the US.

Also another reason to use ATT is when in fact they decide to start forcing areas fully over to IPDSL you could in fact lose your connection or new speeds will NOT be available to you.

ATT is already doing this and have been. They may not be adding any new U-Verse VDSL boxes in neighborhoods but more IPDSLAMs are being installed on a regular basis.
davidhoffman
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

Re: Reason

"The Reason to take ATT over a reseller of last mile is you can actually talk to a rep at ATT that knows what they're doing if you get the correct phone numbers." And that is exactly why people do NOT want to use AT&T. Only if you know some secret, always changing, phone number at AT&T do you get good customer service. Sonic.net has been highly rated because the out in the open customer service telephone number, is the correct phone number to call for good service over 95% of the time.

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

Re: Reason

The number is not always changing. the number is kept and is actually a Tier 3 number in their Network Operations Centers. with one of the largest in MO, and they're region based. You can get the number it's not that hard. just need to talk to someone that has it or have your ticket sent to the correct department. They even call you back!

And Sonic.net may have high customer service; but the fact is if they don't upgrade OFF the ATT last mile; those customers are going to be facing a crappy network very very soon and will NEVER see anything faster than their current network. It's stupid for Sonic.net to still deploy their CLEC DSL and FTTH products side by side. It's a total waste of money.

And as far as quoting someone; its easier to push the quote button instead of it looking like a total mess.
charonn0

join:2012-05-17

said by 25139889:

All I know is that my Sonic service is 4 times faster and half as expensive than my old AT&T service. I consider that an upgrade.