SONIC.NET page on DSLReports

Review by mfaklis See Profile

• Location: San Francisco,San Francisco,CA
Good "Incredible!"

I had Sonic.net ADSL for a couple of years after leaving AT&T because they wouldn't open port 25 for my email server. Then after 2 years I started to see many errors, and after troubleshooting with support, they told me that for $5.00 more a month I could convert to their new Fusion ADSL product, and that would get 12 mbps download speed. The change would rid me of my AT&T phone line I had merely to hang a DSL line on. We were getting totally unacceptable errors, but support kept working on it. Long store short, my apartment building wired every apartments phone line to the security/Directory/Door system. The building neglected to put any DSL filters on that system. I hadn't noticed because I didn't have a land phone until recently. Now with Fusion, my upload speed is 1 Mbps and download speed is 12 Mbps, plus unlimited phone service to every Continent (except Antarctica), plus voice-mail sent to my Exchange server, plus a FAX line. It took much effort for support to trace the wiring problem in my apartment building, but now it transmits like greased lightening.

Sonic.net is the best ISP and the Fusion service is totally fantastic. I am grateful to Sonic.net for their efforts to get me up and running at full speed.

Comments: