MPInet page on DSLReports

• Location: Winter Park,Orange,FL
  • Telco party Sprint
  • CLEC party: NorthPoint
Good "Overall excellent and prompt service"
Bad "Can't say much"
Overall "Go for it!"

Overall, DSL installation with MPINet and Sprint was pretty painless. I'm
sorry I didn't keep a journal like everyone else here, I figured uqick to-
the-point paragraph would do nicely. Anyway, the application was really
easy, and I was basically signed up officially about a week after I began
the process. From that time until my DSL was installed today was awhile,
but that was probably my fault as I was online alot and they probably got
busy signals very frequently. =\

Of course, once the appointment was set, I was sound as a pound. MPINet
told me the Northpoint Rep would get there at 1PM on Tuesday, and he
showed up at 11:50, saying he was told to arrive at 12 PM. At least he
wasn't late...

When everything was installed, he checked it out on his laptop, called
Sprint and Northpoint, but he couldn't get through to MPINet to get the
IPs for the Networking settings. So he left me to install the ethernet
card I had picked up at Best Buy and I called MPINet at about 5:30 PM
(they said they were on a lunch break around noon.) I entered the
Networking settings, finished a 15 meg download I had been eating away at
for about a week in 30 seconds, and laughed my head off. Hooray for MPINet!

Get yourname@yourdomain.com FREE from »www.bn3.com/ !

(review was emailed from domain bitsmart.org)

Comments:

Review by znelson See Profile

• Location: Lake Mary,Seminole,FL
Good "Decent package for the price... 784/784 for $49"

Here's my journal of how ordering SDSL through MPInet is going:

8/18/00: Call and speak to Melissa Warren about the packages and she emails over the contract. Contract was for ADSL not SDSL so I call back and leave voicemail.. and email.. and call again and again. Finally, instead of trying her extension, I call the regular sales dept. and get her right off the bat (fishy). Supposed to send new SDSL contract, never does.

8/21/00: I finally get the SDSL contract after having to call again. I inquire as to why there is no mention of the speed I selected on the contract. "We don't put the speed on the contract" she says.. (more fishy). So I make the changes to the agreement that I feel are important such as stating I am ordering the 784/784 package (kinda important don't you think?) and I add a clause in there that releases me from the contract if I don't receive at least 80KB/sec speed to servers on their network or if I receive greater than 30ms latency ping time to servers on their network (seems fair to me). I fax it over and now I wait..

8/22/00: The sales manager Cal Cole gets involved with the issues and resolves them quickly for me. Faxes over a new contract that addresses the concerns I had and promptly initiates the order. Throws in free dialup service until the order is completed. Should be smooth sailing from here on out.

8/29/00: Got a status report from Cal this morning. The following has been done so far:

1. MPI Placed the order with Northpoint
2. Northpoint verified the order.
3. Northpoint verified the location and install address.
4. Northpoint submitted LSR (line service request) to BellSouth

Next step: Northpoint get confirmation from BellSouth and Places order.

So now it's in BellSouth's hands.. let's see how much time they waste

8/31/00: Well it seems they didn't waste much time at all. I HAVE FIBER!@#*(&@)#&*(@)#(&@)#&(@)#(& So that puts an end to the DSL ordering process.

Comments:

Review by altec8 See Profile

• Location: Orlando,Orange,FL

Moved to Orlando about 19 months ago, signed up with MPInet for 56k service. Was very pleased with service(to the point that I had my employer change ISP's to them), so I stayed with them when I moved on to DSL about 3 months ago. Ordering was a breeze -they gave me dates when they were available for installation, I chose one, then the tech called me at work that day so that I could meet him at my house within a minimum loss of work time. Installation time was less than one hour, without difficulty. Installed a Speedstream 3060. Setup price was $100, modem was free, and $45 per month for service with 3 email addresses and 7 MB web site. Ordered 1.5M/256k speed, and have consistently gotten over 1300k download, which is great considering the condition of the wiring where I am and that I am 2 miles from the BellSouth CO. Over the years I have dealt with about 6 ISP's, and MPInet is by far the best.

member for 14.9 years, 100 visits, last login: 10.3 years ago

Comments:

Review by Rick679 See Profile

• Location: Orlando,Orange,FL

Exactly 10 days after I signed a six month contract for ADSL, a truck pulled into my driveway with a tech ready to install my DSL service. I was scheduled for an install between 1pm and 3pm and the tech arrived at 2:30pm. Now I am a bit protective of my computer and wanted to see if this guy had a clue about what he was doing. His name is David and he's a real live computer geek! What a relief, this guy was about 24 years old and knows windows inside out. He checked the line, installed the splitter and internal modem and 1 hour later we were connected. He could only get 100k and called the office and was told that Bellsouth was to blame and that they would contact them and get it corrected. Mpinet is a local service in Orlando who is a reseller of DSL from Bellsouth. The whole reason I went with Mpinet for DSL service is because of their great reputation for service. But now David was leaving and I was only slightly faster than my 56k connection! All I could think of was the horror stories that have been posted at this site about getting DSL up and running properly and at speed. I am happy to report that I did not have to call tech support 12 times, or wait for endless visits to my home to correct the problem. At about 9pm that evening I noticed a change, web pages were popping up as if they were cache pages! I checked my speed on this site and it was: 2000-02-24 00:21:31 1133199 1100kbps (copy from the logged download test). I even got an email from my rep (Cal) at Mpinet to make sure that I was up to speed. How about that, they contacted me to see if all was well and if I was satisfied. Now that's the way to do business, it's called customer service. Something that is so lacking in review after review that I have read. I highly recommend Mpinet to anyone in the central Florida area! One last note, I was previously connected via 56k modem with this ISP and never had disconnects and had totally reliable service.