Socket Internet Services page on DSLReports

Review by majestictwel See Profile

• Location: Columbia,Boone,MO
Good "6 meg dsl for 40 dollars flat"
Bad "none so far"
Overall "Great ISP coice for the Columbia area!"

i was signed up for mediacom's cable TV and internet package for about a year, paying about 70 dolalrs a month. Everything was going fine until I decided to go with a DVR service. The HD DVR I received is unresponsive and often crashes for no reason. When it does this it takes about 15 minutes for the menu to come back up. Oh and they jacked up the price about 30-40 dollars each month, when the sales person said it would go up 15. The internet is reliable for the most part, but service is slower than advertised.

I decided to go with Socket's nDSL, which does not require a land line and there is no contract. My service was up and running in 9 days (after an initial snafu with Century Tel, Columbia's ILEC). So far I have not had any problems and speed is consistent.

Now I just need to get that new HTPC....

Comments:

Review by wb0osp4 See Profile

• Location: Rogersville,Webster,MO
Good "great DSL speed, courteous customer service"
Bad "intermittent dsl speed from 9-07 to 11-07"
Overall "Best internet speed in the Rogersville, MO area"

Socket must have done an equipment/ system update around 12-07 in our area because ever since then our DSL has been "Flying". I have had several friends over that have DSL provided by ATT at their location and they all say that my connection responds much faster.(Rogersville/Springfield, MO area)

Comments:

Review by Dean1492 See Profile

• Location: Garden Grove,Orange,CA
  • Telco party SBC
  • CLEC party: SBC
Good "Have a Linksys Router with 3 comps hooked up"
Bad "PPPoE"
Overall "Have to reset router once a mounth"

Upload 1.5 meg......have me capped at 700k......thats fast enough! 128k down......mine is at 80k.........thats ok. Pacbell is always PPPoE, which means it's a dynamic IP, I have a Linksys router which uses this protocal. It goes down about once a mounth, and it changes IP address. But the reliaibility is right there! I love my Pacbell DSL!

Had to have a new modum installed, had a Alcotel, they gave me a Westell Wire Speed, and that got rid of the 'freezing' problem. Have had the new modum for 6 mounth.......it ROCKS!