CSInet Internet Access Corp. page on DSLReports

Review by ralphie8 See Profile

• Location: Mill Creek,La Porte,IN
Good "agressively address difficult installations, reliable."
Bad "occassional moderate slowdowns at times of heavy utilization"
Overall "would recommend to anyone"

As most know, getting decent broadband outside of urban areas is problematic. Within its service area (northwest Indiana and southwest Michigan) CSInet is as good as it gets with its LOS wireless. While they claim 7-8 Mbps down, 4 Mbps is more realistic at any time other users are using the service but at that level it is adequate and reliable. Installation and support are knowledgeable and friendly. Started in a garage, it is heartening to see a tech small business like this succeed.

Comments:

Review by owomp See Profile

• Location: La Porte,La Porte,IN
Good "communication,local"
Bad "phone answering system"

i have been having problems but csinet has went out of their way to help see if they can solve some of the problems.Problems mainly due to my location and obstructions.

I have edited my hasty comments made out of frustration and think we have a good line of communication now.

i have been a customer of this isp for 16 years and only have had problems since moving to my rural area.These problems may or may not be resolved but from talking to a couple reps i understand now that it really is beyond their control.

Comments:

Review by drakus See Profile

• Location: Valparaiso,Porter,IN
Good "Install tech knew his stuff!!!"
Bad "Tech support talks to you like your stupid!!! Cause they are MCSE Certified."
Overall "Service gets crappier as they add more subscribers!!"

-- UPDATE -- (11/30/2005)

Received a call from Dawn in customer service telling me that they have to setup an uninstall date. I never canceled my services with them. Apparently they are cancelling it for me. I sked her who authorized the uninstall and she said the owner. I told her that I will not setup n uninstall until the owner calls me and explains why he told them to do an unnistall for my service. She said that the ower will not call me back and that I will be charged $50 for the equipment that costs about $100 (its crappy equipment). Well lets see if he calls me back. I doubt that he will... I am getting new service installed this saturday from a very reliable company. Will post a review from them after the service is up and running then update in a few months!!!

-- UPDATE -- (11/5/2004)

Some one in their NOC decided to swap out their vackbone provider with out first doing a test or a gradual change. Because of the incompetence of the network staff i lost $25000.00 because I was not able to check my mail or get to any sites to do my trading. They seem to think that since they know they have problems they are just to hang up on you after they get your name and number. Then they will not return any phone calls back to any one to let them know that things are screwed up and that they are trying to fix them. I still am not able to get any mail but I can finally browse the net afet 48 hours. If I had another option I would switch in a heartbeat. T1's are still too expensive for me to consider at the moment. Too far for dsl & there are no cable lines ran out to where I live cause they refused to provide us people in the BFE with any service.

-- Original --

I ordered their Wireless DSL service 3 weeks before I moved, that's why the 21 days. Everyone that I have delt with in customer service is fantastic. So far the service is excellent. I have been averaging about 2.5M down and 1.5 - 1.8M up. If anything changes I will update this. So far I highly recomend them to any one that cannot get DSL over copper. Very little lag while playing online games. I average ping about 35 - 45. Speeds wnet up to about 3.5 down and 2.5 up. Reliabilty has been shacking during storms on the tower that I run off of. Other than that the service is still on the good side!!!!

member for 12.1 years, 1915 visits, last login: 4.4 years ago

Comments:

Review by Melanie1948 See Profile

• Location: Elkhart,Elkhart,IN
Good " Great customer service"
Bad "No regular DSL any more,just Wireless"
Overall "Recommended for wireless DSL customers"

About 3 years ago, I signed on for DSL with CSI.net, and they sent someone all the way from LaPorte, IN to set me up. The next day, I was up and running. I was very lucky... now they just deal in Dial-up and Wireless, but not in my area. But I'm still on their old DSL.

The technical service is fantastic...I had lost my configurtion numbers, and until they figured that out, they supplied me with free dial-up so I could still go online. When they found out what the problem was, the tech support talked me through every step until it was fixed. He even called back the next day to see how it was running.

I would highly recommend this service..in fact a couple years ago, when I was running a little slow, he pointed me to dslreports.com.