istrength.net page on DSLReports
No six month summary.
Closed to new reviews.

Review by Spicerunner See Profile

• Location: Southlake,Tarrant,TX
  • CLEC party: Verizon (ex GTE)
Good "Great Service & Professional Treatment."
Overall "I'm glad I signed up with them."

I have an ISDN connection. Once Verizon/GTE connected my line, I called istrength.net to get a dedicated 128K connection (with a block of static IPs that they provided with no extra charge) and was up and running in 2 hours. Two weeks prior to placing the order, they advised me how to set up my equipment and gave me all the information I was going to need to just hook up the Lan modem and connect. I was very pleased by their technical support person who went way beyond the call of duty to help me get set up. And it is a pleasant surprise that the staff at istrength.net is very nice, professional, and knowledgeable. My 128K dedicated connection to them has been very stable. If DSL ever gets available in my area, I will just convert over to DSL with istrength.net. I just can't say enough about them! UPDATE: Waymark bought out Industrial Strength Internet, but fortunately are holding to the contract I signed when I got my ISDN line. I was very pleased to renew at the rate I signed up for. I've heard bad horror stories about Waymark, but I've been lucky as my service has been rock steady...very few, if any, interruptions. I have more interruptions on my Verizon ISDN line during a Thunderstorm. Thankfully, I've never needed to contact Waymark for support....so hopefully things will stay this way. I'm in my second year with istrength.net/Waymark. Nothing else but dialup is available in my area (I know I could go Satellite, but then I'd have to run Windows for my server....no thanks).

UPDATED: Last Year, when the Blaster Virus was hitting, they were off the air for me for about a week, beyond that my troubles were a hacked ISDN modem, so I got another one and everything has been OK. My connection has been dropping about every other day for a few minutes, then comes back. At any rate, this is my final review since I am no longer with istrength.net/Waymark. (Business Class DSL has become available in my area). BTW: istrength.net was a great ISP provider, I sure miss them.

member for 13.3 years, 1625 visits, last login: 3.2 years ago

Comments:

Review by kcblack See Profile

• Location: Dallas,Dallas,TX
  • Telco party Southwestern Bell
Good "Great service, great value. Pleasure dealing with these folks"
Bad "none that I can think of"
Overall "These guys are techie wizards and highly recommended."

Dealing with Southwestern Bell was a pain....these guys went over and above to help me get started with equipment
that they hadn't worked with before, and Southwestern Bell wouldn't even admit that would work. They helped me
diagnose some SWBell problems and prove that they were SWBell issues. This was especially difficult since I was
getting the high speed DSL offering.....SWBell drop the ball several times and the folks at Industrial Strength
picked it up and ran with it. I have been trouble free since a month after the install. Kudos to istrength...
I highly recommend them.