Cyber Broadcasting, L.L.C. page on DSLReports

Review by rjgogo See Profile

Good "So far so good"
Bad "none right now"

I came from Satellite and coming from that this is much better. They did a great job on the install and I am very happy, I know I am getting service that is low to current cable standards, I'm getting 2mb, but where I live it is really good and much better than the 2mb service I was getting from Hughes. Living in the boonies this is great. glad to have this service as opposed to what I had.

member for 11 years, 1556 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Review by steelmn18 See Profile

• Location: Essex,Kankakee,IL
Good "Sales Pitch, advertised speed"
Bad "Installation, Customer Service, willingness to help"
Overall "RUN!! They are Rude and as you can see on the other posts, systems are terrible!!"

I ordered CBC on Monday and they were very willing to send out a tech to do the install the same week. I scheduled the installation for the following Thursday. I constructed my home myself 2.5 years ago and wired the entire home for internet. As such, I wanted it installed in a certain way, which required no wall penetrations and was very simple for the installer. I explained all this over the phone to the installer, who indicated that he understood. After about an hour, he called his boss to inform the boss that my wire ends were not labeled, which was not the case. I acknowledge that they were not labeled with works, rather hash marks (i.e. the wall plate in the living room has 1 hash mark and the corresponding wire in the box has one hash mark.) This was something the installer could not figure out, nor did he bother to ask.

While the installer was on the phone with his boss, he told the boss that the wires were not labeled at all. He failed to tell his boss about the other two options I gave him for acceptable installation. His boss then got on the phone and was very rude. He indicated that because my electrician did not label the wires, (which he said in a way that insinuated that the electrician was lazy) we would have to pay his electrician to come out and trace the wire. Nevermind that this could have easily been done by going in the attic and wiggling the correct wire. We decided to ask the installer to leave as we would do something else. The boss then became sarcastic and said, "What are you going to go with Sattelite where they limit bandwith and raise rates?" I said yes and he responded that it is dumb to pay more for inferior service.

After looking at some of the reviews for CBC, it appears their service is crappy and they are rude before the installation is complete. I can only imagine the service they provide after they lock you into the 2 year contract. It is my suggestion to stay away from them at all costs. I have the impression that they can only work inside a small box and if you have any problems that they are not familiar with, they will blame it on you, rather than attempt to find a solution that would work for all. Based on previous reviews, I am happy we could not get their service.

Comments:

Review by Xenz See Profile

• Location: Minooka,Grundy,IL
Good "Uhm, When it does work, its pretty quick..."
Bad "Works general from 3am-6am then theres high latency all day"
Overall "AVOID AT ALL COSTS"

As I stated above, this connection has the potential of being very nice. I have been a long term customer of CBcast. The connection never works, they do not seem to know what they are doing. I actually can't believe they are getting away with robbing people blind with such poor service.

At first they tried to help, then I think they stopped believing me that they had issues, I ran all sorts of tests straight off of dslreports tons of bad ping high packet loss. Still wouldnt believe me. Now for the past few months latency rarely falls below 500ms so much for high speed.

This connection is wireless. They use dish to shoot to any towers they can see.

I have had them for about 3 years now, problems every day since I bought their service. To bad there is no other high speed available besides one company that charges pretty high amount, but I am considering switching because they cannot fix their problems on this network.

The other review posted here is from the network administrator OF THIS ISP. So PLEASE disregard it.

Speed is supposed to be 1mb up 1mb down, burstable 1.5mb, You will however rarely see speeds like this unless it is late at night.

Id like to be able to change this to a happy review, but that time has long past.

when they installed my dish they cracked the siding on my house! pretty cool huh? I didn't mind then because I actually thought I was getting a nice service. HA

Update - After lovely 3 some odd years with this , well I don't know if I can call a company, or a business, however these people seem to become more incompetent as the days move on.

I told them they should not be charging 60 a month for a service they cannot serve, so the owner the company went ahead and told me he would lower my price to 44.95 and leave my bandwidth at 1mb down/up. All the sudden a couple weeks ago I am unable to play a majority of my games. I also noticed that I had major issues loading larger webpages which were flash base, and any kind of streaming video from youtube or anywhere you can imagine. I have to start loading the video and come back in 15 minutes to see its half loaded.

Please for the love of dear god, RUN as fast as you can from these people, if you see their van, throw rotten food at it that MAY deter them. Anyhow without warning like I said I noticed issues so I ran some bandwidth tests and came back with about 400k up 400k down. I so I sent the owner an email asking whats up? He then told me per my request months ago I told him to lower my bandwidth he placed my bandwidth at 512k down and 256k up (wow fast huh?). This confused me because in an email I saved from him, he said he wasn't going to lower my bandwidth. Anyhoo he told me that they WILL NOT give me 1mb back because they cannot provide me with it. Which is funny because they can't provide me with 512k/256k either, maybe for 2hours in the morning around 6am then it goes to all hell.

So if you want some fun times, you can ask these people to lock you into a contract they will not let you out of, and refuse to help you (They never stepped foot into my house since install to see whats going on) then go ahead and call these people up.

P.S They want me buy a 500-1000 dollar TV tower, and install it MYSELF before they will up my bandwidth, I am also pretty sure they would fail once again.

UPDATE - 12/18/09

Connection is still basically unusable to any extent. I've noticed that sometimes your able to use it as you should but those are during such off hours, like 3am. However, one of the biggest things I have noticed lately is when breaks for school happen my connection is unusable ALL day and ALL night. I'm pretty sure its either congested or someone on the network is the cause. All Thanksgiving I could not use my internet for basically anything. Now I am afraid that during the couple weeks college and lower students that have off for X-mas my connection will be completely crap. By the way this is about 4 or 5 years with this ISP now, and since week one there has been the same problems over and over.

A friend of mine used to work for them as a installer, so he took an interest in trying to get them to get off their butts and fix it. They came out installed a more powerful radio which did nothing. The installer said there was 1 more chance to install what he called a grid dish that could help. However, the friend of mine kept bugging them asking why they weren't here everyday trying to fix the issues; they told him "Go out there and fix it yourself, we are done helping him". Big shock huh? I implore anyone that is using this ISP if there is ANY OTHER service TAKE IT!!!!! DO NOT give these people your money.

Update - 12/28/09

Anyone with issues with Cyber broadcasting that read this or reads this in the future please go to »esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm and file a complaint. I have done so and hope others will also maybe they will get off their butts and help us.

Update - 3/11/2010

I have changes services to a 3g laptop card ISP ( Millenicom ) MUCH better more stable. Anyone in shady oaks using Cyber Broadcasting that has issues should change to this asap.

Comments:

Review by geskorup See Profile

• Location: Channahon,Will,IL
Good "Full T3 Backhaul"
Bad "none"
Overall "Good bang for the buck."

512kbps @ $39.95
Order was simple and install was fast.
Required only an outdoor antenna with radio mounted on it using Power Over Ethernet.
Static IP