Microserv Computer Technologies, Inc. page on DSLReports

Review by bigdogjh See Profile

• Location: Johnson City,Washington,TN
Bad "cant even get them to show up to hook it up"

they set up two times to come hook my stuff up and never showed then wanted me to wait another 2 days and try it again stay away from these people they will waste your time

Comments:

Review by Chess1218 See Profile

• Location: Malad City,Oneida,ID
Good "Been paying Microserv for months now and can't say anything good!!!"
Bad "Everything they clame to offer is not at all what they say!!!"
Overall "Don't get a contract. Microserv is a huge RIPOFF. All staff can't tell the truth if it hits them in the face!!!"

My husband and I have had Microserv for about a year now and still have yet to get what we pay monthly for. I have had to call Microserv at least a few times a month to get it working right and still here I sit not being able to do anything with the internet as they say oh looks like its working fine to us. BULL!!! They have been out to the house at least 9-10 times now to work on what they say is working fine??!!! We live in malad so they will only send someone to fix ours when another resident is getting a new install. I asked them if that's how they do it and yes the lady on the phone says yes that's when the techs will be in our area!! Can anyone believe that?? I have been on hold with them for so long so many times I can tell you word for word what their recordings say. 24 hr customer service!! Yeah right not when you need them half the time. Each time its a different tech and they all say oh the last guy didn't know what they were doing sorry.. They tell you to call back when the issue if fixed and they will compensate us from the time we called with the issue.. Only problem in its been months now and nope still not fixed. Only get half of what we pay for when it does work. None of the staff will listen and agree that's its been a problem for too long and really work towards a real fix. Big waste to time and money!!!

Comments:

SICKOFMCROSR

@ida.net

Sick of micro-serv poor dsl-worst customer NON service

I totally AGREE!!! I am in Pocatello and for over a year have paid for the higher speed which I NEVER got. I lowered it down 2 months ago and notice NO DIFFERENCE. Worst customer service. I called 22 times to customer service today alone and put on immediate hold, no one returns. cs people are ignorant, slow thinking, and cannot anser any questions. Techs are just as bad. seem to go by a script and after wasting 45 min of my time each day I call while they go thru the routine they forward it on. Same problem, they just blow you off, Can't wait until contract is up soon and will switch. Funny how their site only has POSITIVE reviews (written by thier OWN personnal) I am spreading the word, most the time my internet is down and my dtr lives next door and has a different one and NEVER has any issues. WORST DSL, WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE, AND WANT TO ADD 1.00 A MONTH TO YOUR BILL TO SEND YOU A STATEMENT. REPORT ALL PROBLEMS TO THE FCC, THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE AND THE BBB, THAT WILL/MAY MAKE AN IMPACT-AT LEAST IT WILL GET THE WORD OUT!!

Review by jshep62

• Location: Idaho Falls,Bonneville,ID
  • Cost Contract price not specified. (12 month contract)

This is the biggest ripoff company I've EVER delt with! They have the worst service ever! I tried to cancel do to poor service and they wouldn't do anything about it. They took me to court and now I have to pay them 2000.00 dollars for two months of service! I'm going to tell everyone I know to write a bad review on them! I know a-lot of people! They are crooks and should be put out of business!

Sent from my iPad

(review was emailed from domain me.com)

Comments:

Review by Kasm279 See Profile

Good "It works... kinda"
Bad "It rarely works"
Overall "Don't buy it unless it's the only option."

·Michiana Wireless
Horrible! That's all I can describe it as. Microserv, for a lot of people,
is the only ISP available. They know this, so they overcharge for absolute
garbage. We have a 512kbit/s symmetrical up/down plan that we pay $29.99 a
month for. We never truly get 512kbit/s down because the connection is so
unstable. Watching bandwidth graphs from our router shows that the
connection will spike at 512kbit/s and then drop to zero over and over,
meaning we get maybe half of the speed we are promised. When we first
called about this they sent a tech out, who changed us from a 900MHz
antenna and tower to another antenna and access tower that run on 2.4GHz.
It made the connection worse. We called again, they sent a tech out again
to "fix" it. Things got even worse, with the connection rarely spiking at
the full 512kbit, usually it stays around 250kbit/s. We called again,
hoping for a fix this time. We were basically told that there was nothing
wrong with the connection and that we were stupid and knew nothing. If we
could get Cable ONE or Centurylink we would definitely switch, but because
of our area Microserv basically has a chokehold on us. DO NOT sign up for
Microserv wireless!

Comments:
weescotsman

join:2011-10-02
Miami, FL

Have you tried clear

»www.clear.com/

Might be a better option if you can get it

Review by ski2me See Profile

• Location: Rexburg,Madison,ID
  • Telco party Qwest
Good "Service is adequate"
Bad "Pricey, I was getting 3mbps for less in Utah than I'm getting my 1mbps service from these guys."
Overall "If I had any other option I'd take it immediatly."

I guess they know they've got you by the balls. So they charge what they want and don't worry about additional new features.

Comments:

Review by Franky86 See Profile

• Location: Pocatello,Bannock,ID
Good "Best wireless internet I have found"
Bad "They haven't given me anything to complain about"
Overall "High recommendation. Great value."

I have been very impressed with Microserv's technical support. Every time I have had an issue, they have responded quickly, and answered my questions. I have a 2meg wireless connection from them and it has been rock solid. I have been on my friends cable connection and couldn't figure out why at times it was so laggy. She said it's always been like that. It's supposed to be like a 10meg connection or something. My connection smokes hers. Guess there is a difference between those up-to speeds the marketers spout and real speeds like I have. Makes me feel like I made a good decision going with Microserv.

I recommend them highly!!!

Comments:

Review by jerry1430 See Profile

• Location: Idaho Falls,Bonneville,ID
Bad "I have yet to recieve what they promised"
Overall "Poor customer service/pay for high speed and get dial up service"

I am 5 days into this and have yet to get what I have paid for. My business has sustained loss due to the lack of concern. I have asked to get out of this contract and was told... and I quote "We need a couple of more days to try a few things". One would think that a company that specializes in providing internet service would have some idea on how to set things up. I am less than 5 blocks from their main office. My business is already suffering due to the poor service Microserv provides. They already have my money what does it matter to them how long it takes.

Comments:

Review by travisand See Profile

• Location: Idaho Falls,Bonneville,ID
Good "1500kbps down AND up, no caps, consistent"
Bad "contract, don't have to, but installation is free if you do sign a contract"
Overall "THE best service you can get in Idaho Falls."

I have been with microserve (ida.net) for more than a year. I did have a problem with my speed, but when I contacted them, they fixed it promptly. I had an older style wifi reciever, and the new one is much better. I have had all of the services in Idaho Falls, and this is faster and cheaper than the rest. If you are tired of cableone, try them out, you will be satisfied. Where else can you get T1 speeds for only $60/ mo. Also for this price, you get a static IP address that comes in very handy for hosting a website.

Comments:

Review by joelsonoda See Profile

• Location: Boise,Ada,ID
  • Telco party Qwest
Good "Dedicated IP, friendly staff, nice optional features."
Bad "A few dollars a month above the average DSL provider."
Overall "I recommend this ISP for those in the Boise area."

I was with MSN for about 1 year before I decided to switch to something else. I was tired of MSN's attitude that they displayed toward their customers. I decided that I would look for a smaller ISP who would care more about the needs of the customer, and that's what I found in MicroServ.

Their support and sales are very friendly and helpful. You get the same person on the phone when you call them back! I also was impressed by the fact that all of their DSL accounts have dedicated IP addresses, a feature that usually costs $7-$15 a month more.

The most impressive feature is their filtration services, a feature which I have not found offered by ANY other ISP in the Boise area. We all know that the internet is filled with all kinds of smut. The filtration service employed by MicroServ has put me more at ease. The filtration is done on MircoServ's side, so you don't need to set up anything at home. It works with ALL operating systems and with ALL web browsers. Also, there is absolutely NO slowing of the internet connection.

I pay $35 a month ($20 to MicroServ and $15 to Qwest) for their 256k up/dn service, but for $13 more ($20 to MicroServ $28 to Qwest) a 1.5m dn 909k up connection is avaliable. For what you get this is an outstanding deal.

Also, their connection to the internet is very good. As soon as you get past Qwest's old dslams (60ms), everything on the internet is a short hop away. For instance, the route from Microserv's gateway to yahoo.com takes about 40ms.

I recommend their service to anyone.

member for 11.5 years, 60 visits, last login: 10.3 years ago