ReliaNET page on DSLReports

Review by blaster02 See Profile

• Location: Clearfield,Davis,UT
Good "Very reliable service, great tech support, it always works!"
Bad "Now I have no one to complain to any more, I got rid of Qwest and Comcast!!!"
Overall "I live out in the sticks and these guys got me great Broadband!"

I ordered a 256K wireless conection for $39.95 with no commitments or contracts needed, they said, "We want you to use the service because it works and you like it, not because you are forced too." I had earllier tried Qwest DSL and Comcast with 'mixed feelings' in the "BIG CITY" of Ogden (it's not really very big), but after moving way out west into the sticks, they were the only ones who could get broadband out to me. I've been with them for over 2 years now and have never had a problem they didn't help me out with right away (mostly my own stupidity), I don't think their network has really ever been down the whole time I've been out here, except for two times when the power went out at their remote tower but they showed me how to dial in if it ever happens again, because I can't afford to be without Internet for ANY length of time. A few other wireless ISP's have popped up around the area since I moved out here but they are just little home-based businesses and I need RELIABILITY more than anything else and relia.net is just that!

The installation of equipment went very smoothly, they set up a time to met me at my house, and they actually showed up on time. The guy briefly explained what he was going to do and helped me pick the best place to mount the little antenna on my roof and away he went, about an hour later he was done and showed me how to use it all. I had to purchase all the equipment (it cost me $399 for everything including the installation) but their little wireless router has a built-in firewall that takes care of all my IP addresses and DHCP stuff, so that was well worth it to me. They include a static IP (I need that for VPN to work) and they allow me to hook up other computers in my house (my wife really likes that) for no extra charge.

I had heard good stuff about relia.net, and I did a lot of research, and I'm glad that I did, I've been very happy with them and would say it was a very good experience overall. I have some computer geek friends that have been with them for over 8 years now and speak highly of them as well.

Peace and good luck in the quest for broadband!!!

Comments:

Review by wh4t3ver See Profile

• Location: Ogden,Weber,UT
Good "High Speeds and Great Pings!"
Bad "High Equipment Costs"
Overall "If you can't get Cable or DSL get wireless."

I have to say I'm very impressed with my wireless service. Although the equipment cost was about $950 dollars, if you can't get any other broadband it is worth it. My package speed is 1.5 Megabit up and down. During the day I get about 768k, during the night I get my full 1.5 megabit.

The equipment consists of a 24 DBi antenna, Due to my distance from there array I had to get an 500 mW amp(which was $450). The computer connection is an Lucent Orinoco silver card, with and PCI card adapter and LMR-400 Cable.

I use this connection for work and games. I have to say this is just as impressive as DSL when it comes to games. To local servers I ping between 30-40, and to out of state west coast servers I get between 50-110. I was also provided an static IP which is nice.

My downloads average from 75 K to 150 K, which is awsome. I have experanced some packet loss but if it happens it only last for about 10 mins and the connection is never completely down.

Relia.net for now just provides service in Ogden Utah. Overall I have to say I am very impressed with this service and I would HIGHLY suggest you get it if you can't get dsl or cable. Most wireless provides besides the big companys like Sprint have very good wireless service.

If you have any questions just post them and I will try to answer them.

member for 13.7 years, 612 visits, last login: 4.8 years ago