Internet Partners, Inc. page on DSLReports

Review by bchutchins See Profile

• Location: Sherwood,Washington,OR
Good "fixed ip, reliable, good speed tests, good game pings"
Overall "great isp"

faster pings to game server on easystreet than other easystreet clients.
GTE (Verizon) was undedicated to delivery schedule
speed test close to rated 756/128
using linksys router on home network
Good staff

member for 14.6 years, 11 visits, last login: 13.7 years ago

Comments:

Review by Steve Ayers See Profile

• Location: Beaverton,Washington,OR
Good "Downloads"
Bad "Extremely Bad for Online Gaming"
Overall "Avoid like the plague"

I ordered DSL from my local telco GTE last month. I was happy with the installation. I was connected within 10days, and even a day early. Although I called early in the morning, I was not coonected with the ISP until later that evening, since they were dealing with "technical issues." However, once I was in contact with a "network engineer," everything went smoothly.

I have the 768/128 Bronze Plus package from GTE, and my downloads are fairly good, maximum 60KB/sec from good servers.

However, the main FAILING of the ISP is that they use packet queueing, which absolutely kills your ping when online gaming. This is one of my main gripes about their service. Pings to my gateway fluctuate erratically from 40 - 450 ms.

In addition, their technical support is also very poor. (M - F, 0900 - 1700) Although, I felt I clearly communicated my concerns, they were reluctant to accept any responsibility for the problem. Also, they did not communicate in a clear manner but instead used DSL jargon I was unfamiliar with. In brief, they did not help me to understand the problem and I had to go to DSLReports to find the answers I was looking for.

One of the reasons I originally ordered from Interent Partners, was becasue they offered a static IP. However, two weeks into the service, they called and said they were switching to DHCP which means my static IP is no longer.

If you are looking to surf the web and obtain fairly good downloads, this may be the ISP for you. The price is right, $19/mth and you do not have to sign a long contract. However, you get what you pay for. If you are into online gaming, or even want to play online games evena little bit, then this is not the ISP for you. My ping is worse than when I was on dial-up, and that is unsatisfactory.

Comments: